Carnival Valor Cruise Review by CGEOYF: 5/26/2102 Southern route
Member Since 2012
Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Southern Caribbean Cruises
5/26/2102 Southern route
First off - being on the Lido deck rooms is quite excellent. Very quiet yet convenient.
Done with the positives - now for the rest -
1) lack of consideration for guests - please wash your decks at an appropriate time rather than block them off during the late afternoon for scrub downs. Also when it has rained please do your best to clear puddled water - saw 3 people hit the deck due to this.
2) Food - come on guys the Wok line is ridiculous, Fantasy class has less people and more cooks! Aside from that the food has gone down hill since last fall or it's only this ship that has bad food. There was NO value to eat in the dining room and then the buffet was drab at best. Burgers dry. Carving station - the guy couldn't cut meat!
3) Staff attitude - like it's a labor to be there and deal with us.
4) entertainment - we are pretty much bored on cruises with Carnival - there are NO changes. Royal has much better entertainment. Same opening More show on every cruise no matter what ship. Same games, although bingo got a lot cheaper on their part now we get raped. The only good thing we've ever seen on Carnival was on the Miracle - the Beatles show it was one of the best shows I've seen on a ship. Yet the band who did the show is now nothing more than a lounge band on the ships. We love seeing them, and they have been on our last 4 cruises. Dear Carnival - you should put that Beatles show back together and move it around your ships.
5) Dominican Republic - really? are you kidding me? you sent around a survey about it, so I assume you aren't doing well with it - hint - GET RID OF IT! I'm sure Falmouth will end up the same way.
We are doing the same route on the Breeze next year to note the differences - IF ANY. Less
Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>
Cabin review: Carnival Valor Interior Lido 9260