Golden Princess Cruise Review by Querkyquilter

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Golden Princess Cruise Review by Querkyquilter
Golden Princess
Golden Princess
Member Name: Querkyquilter
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Number: A248
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

34th Wedding Anniversary Cruise
My husband surprised me with our second Alaska cruise on June 9, 2012. Our embarkation port was Seattle. We originally did the same cruise on June of 2010( ship, ports, cruise line). This time was amazingly better ( NO family and friends) made it our cruise not theirs.

As previously, everything went smooth as silk- we arrived in Seattle at 12:00 and were on board by 1:30. This time we used Princess for our pick up and return.

We requested a handicap accessible room due to my wheelchair and walker use. Oh my Gosh!!!! Thank you Princess for this. I am only 57 but have several issues and this inside cabin was amazing. I had more than enough room to move with ease and the bathroom was very spacious. It was wonderful to be able to be independent and take care of my needs. Several people complained to me that they did not get a handicap acc. room but new ADA regulations have determined who does and does not get these rooms.

One BIG improvement from our last trip... we were on deck by sail away instead of in the Muster Station with the safety drill.

Food- we avoid the Horizon. Most of our meals were in the Caneletto. We like the wonderful service and quality better. We used The Horizon for snacks mostly. Our waiters( Zoltan and Sherwin) went above and beyond. I love that personal touch even the sharing of their personal lives. Zoltan was married 6 months and his new wife worked on the other side of the dining room. It was a pleasure to talk with them every day. Real Hot Chocolate. Yum!

Ports: Since this was our second trip we did very few excursions. Juneau we went to the state museum( great), Skagway, we rented a car and drove up to Emerald Lake. I highly recommend this!!! But rent your car from the airport not Sourdough Rentals. The car was old, and dirty. The engine light stayed on the entire time although he assured us it was well maintained. Ket we ate at the Alaskan Fish House and in Victoria we did the double decker bus tour. Both were awesome.

High points: seeing whales breech in Ket,eating as much as I wanted and only gaining 3 pounds, our new friends Tom, Judy, Vicki, and Brittany, our interior room,celebrating our 34th together, winning on the penny slots,and experiencing for a second time Glacier Bay.

Low points: Horizon to crowded,some of the shows were very high schoolish, and passengers not following the smoking rules.

I am so ready to get back on board. We are thinking this time of doing and British Isles or Mediterranean in 2013 on Princess again.

Publication Date: 06/24/12