Viking Legend Cruise Review by mjdb: A pleasurable Christmas Trip
Overall Member Rating
A pleasurable Christmas Trip
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
As this was my third trip with Viking, I expected an excellent time on my trip, and that' s exactly what I got. The on shore trips were quite enjoyable. The amount of free time that we are allowed has extremely improved from the previous trips that I have taken (Russian Czar Trip and Danube Christmas Markets) The romantic Danube trip was great since it coincided with the Christmas Markets so actually it was better than the previous Christmas on the Danube trip the previous year, except we didn't get to go to Linz. I would and have highly recommended Viking to my friends for these reasons.
1. Great for history and art lover.
2. Easy traveling for all age brackets.
3. Friendly ship personnel for the most part. (Russian the best)
4. Beautiful scenery and choice of cities visited.
5. Great breakfasts.
6. Wonderful entertainment aboard.
7. History on board has been so-so. Needs work!! Russian cruise was good.
8. Dinners need improvement. Too much like More hospital food.
9. Modified walking trips for those who cannot keep up with rigorous paces.
10. Clean and good size rooms.
11. Internet not so great, so don't depend on for urgent communication. Too few computers also.
12. The pianist have been spectacular!
13. Front desk personnel could be friendlier. Waiters are "stuffy" except for the Philippian waiters. Housekeeping are quite and polite.
Overall, I enjoyed my three trips with Viking and would do it over again. I also want to do future trips with them. I also have a family member that has gone on three cruises with Viking. Less
Read more Viking Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Legend Review >>
I was on the second floor all of the three trips and it was good. I would suggest that the TV is taken off / away from the wall. You hear your neighbor's TV. Annoying in the a.m., Can it be suspended from the ceiling somewhere away? I know people should be nice but........
Port and Shore Excursions
A Great Birthday Present
Scenic Amber sets a very high ...
First, but hopefully not my la...
A Perfect Vacation
Great cruising experience on t...
First Time Cruisers!