Viking Legend Cruise Review by mjdb: A pleasurable Christmas Trip

A pleasurable Christmas Trip

Sail Date: December 2011
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

As this was my third trip with Viking, I expected an excellent time on my trip, and that' s exactly what I got. The on shore trips were quite enjoyable. The amount of free time that we are allowed has extremely improved from the previous trips that I have taken (Russian Czar Trip and Danube Christmas Markets) The romantic Danube trip was great since it coincided with the Christmas Markets so actually it was better than the previous Christmas on the Danube trip the previous year, except we didn't get to go to Linz. I would and have highly recommended Viking to my friends for these reasons.
1. Great for history and art lover.
2. Easy traveling for all age brackets.
3. Friendly ship personnel for the most part. (Russian the best)
4. Beautiful scenery and choice of cities visited.
5. Great breakfasts.
6. Wonderful entertainment aboard.
7. History on board has been so-so. Needs work!! Russian cruise was good.
8. Dinners need improvement. Too much like More hospital food.
9. Modified walking trips for those who cannot keep up with rigorous paces.
10. Clean and good size rooms.
11. Internet not so great, so don't depend on for urgent communication. Too few computers also.
12. The pianist have been spectacular!
13. Front desk personnel could be friendlier. Waiters are "stuffy" except for the Philippian waiters. Housekeeping are quite and polite.
Overall, I enjoyed my three trips with Viking and would do it over again. I also want to do future trips with them. I also have a family member that has gone on three cruises with Viking. Less

Read more Viking Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Legend Review >>

Due to drought condition and that we were on a Viking ship with a deep bow we had to port about an hour up stream from from the city. Therefore,we didn't get to have that first day of wandering around the city like most cruises let you do while you wait on the others to come on board from their flights. So, that was very disappointing. As a result, we didn't, get to see the Christmas Markets or other fun sites and shops. I would love to go back to Budapest but probably won't have the chance again. The tour was just to quick. Just too much in too little time. Friends on the smaller boat had much better opportunities. Oh well!