Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by ivori

Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: CS
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Our May 30th Cruise on the Silhouette
We left for Venice on May 26 so we can enjoy Venice for a few extra days. This was the best decision we made. Venice is an amazing city. On The 30th we embarked on the Silhouette. The ship stayed in port until the 31st so others can see Venice that could not make it earlier. The process of embarking was very smooth. Our room wasn't ready immediately so we ate something at the Oceanview buffet. Then we went to our room and it was beautiful. It was a celebrity suite and it really made this cruise more enjoyable. For those of you that are curious, the first formal night was the 3rd night not the second like celebrity tells you when you call. This was a very port intensive cruise which I prefer since I don't like days at sea. I actually like land tours better, so this was a good compromise.

The Silhouette is a beautiful ship, very classy with lots of areas to relax and play. The lawn area was very nice and the all the pools were nice as well. We did not do any of the cruise excursion so I can't comment on that.

Now to the food. First I must say that I am a foodie so I am very critical of food. On a scale of 1 - 10 I give the food in the buffet and regular dining hall a 5/6. The specialty restaurants that we went to were much better, especially Murano. I also did not care for the entertainment as much as some other cruises I have been on but the ones I did go to were ok. The Karaoke was fun as well as the theme parties they had.

The one port that is not listed for review is Koper, Slovenia. We used the tour company Authentica and they were excellent. We went to the Predjama castle and the capital city. Being active on the CC roll call and meeting the people that I have met through here was the highlight of the trip. Many of them will remain friends. So get involved on here.

Publication Date: 06/22/12
Read the Western Mediterranean ports review by ivori
More Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews

More Western Mediterranean Reviews
Great Cruise
Top itinerary
Very poorly designed cabin.

More Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews