Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by ivori: Our May 30th Cruise on the Silhouette

ivori
Member Since 2002

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Our May 30th Cruise on the Silhouette

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

We left for Venice on May 26 so we can enjoy Venice for a few extra days. This was the best decision we made. Venice is an amazing city. On The 30th we embarked on the Silhouette. The ship stayed in port until the 31st so others can see Venice that could not make it earlier. The process of embarking was very smooth. Our room wasn't ready immediately so we ate something at the Oceanview buffet. Then we went to our room and it was beautiful. It was a celebrity suite and it really made this cruise more enjoyable. For those of you that are curious, the first formal night was the 3rd night not the second like celebrity tells you when you call. This was a very port intensive cruise which I prefer since I don't like days at sea. I actually like land tours better, so this was a good compromise.

The Silhouette is a beautiful ship, very classy with lots of areas to relax and play. The lawn area was very nice and the all the pools were nice as well. We did not do any of the cruise More excursion so I can't comment on that.

Now to the food. First I must say that I am a foodie so I am very critical of food. On a scale of 1 - 10 I give the food in the buffet and regular dining hall a 5/6. The specialty restaurants that we went to were much better, especially Murano. I also did not care for the entertainment as much as some other cruises I have been on but the ones I did go to were ok. The Karaoke was fun as well as the theme parties they had.

The one port that is not listed for review is Koper, Slovenia. We used the tour company Authentica and they were excellent. We went to the Predjama castle and the capital city. Being active on the CC roll call and meeting the people that I have met through here was the highlight of the trip. Many of them will remain friends. So get involved on here. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Celebrity Suite Sky Deck (10) 1237

We had a Celebrity Suite cabin number 1237. It was a fantastic room with a great butler and plenty of space.

Paleokatsriza Walking Tour

(5)
We rented a car here with 3 other cars and made a caravan to Paleoktsriza. We went on a boat ride to the caves and some of the passengers even swam in the water which was cold. Then we went up to the monastery. After that we took a long way back to the ship and got lost a few times and found really quaint towns. We had lunch at the Achilleion Palace then headed for the ship with plenty of time to spare.

Amalfi Coast

(4)
Here we hired Jack the Driver. Although Jack wasn't there Max was with a driver and he was very good. He isn't a guide just a drivers guide. He told us abut each area and answered our questions as best as possible. I give the area a 5+. What a beautiful place and would love to go back here to spend more time.

Doge's Palace

(5)
Bought the tickets to the secret rooms ahead of time and that was worth it no long lines.

Gondola Ride

(5)
This was fun and saved us alot of walking one night. Bargain with operators and take a ride away from main square.

Murano Island

(4)
Just ok. Don't buy from factory, they overcharge.

St. Mark's Square