Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Ocredhead

Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 2A
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

BEWARE OF BOOKING EXCURSIONS THRU CELEBRITY!!
Overall we were very pleased with our cruise. This was our first time on Celebrity,and the first cruise we've taken in years. The room was actually bigger than I expected, with plenty of storage, although the bed and pillows were painfully hard. In room movies were great,for times when we just wanted to relax.

Our last trip to Alaska was 11 years ago with our girls, then 25 & 17. We did numerous excursions booked through the boat and were extremely pleased with everything we did and saw. Wish we could say the same for this trip.

Our experience this time was not only disappointing experiences, which we could live with, but when we went to cancel our third one for Skagway after returning from another $400 disappointment we were told in a very rude manner that we needed to do so 48 hours in advance, it was only 36 hours, and there would be no credit or refund possible. The nasty attitude continued with and escalated when talking to the Manager, I believe Sofia. She finally told my husband they would try selling our tickets and if they couldn't they would deliver them back to our room by 9pm that evening and/or leave us a message. When we returned to our room at 11pm no message, no tickets so we assumed all had been taken care of. I woke at 5am, still no tickets. Back up again at 7:30am and they were there. We were not happy.

I went down to their office and threw a fit. The young man I spoke to calmed me down and I explained in detail what happened and added that my husband has MS and stress makes his condition worse and the way he was treated was unacceptable.I also told him his knee went out on our last excursion and didn't want him going in a canoe. He was very understanding and tried to convince the manager to make an exception as we didn't try to do this at the very last minute. She came out to talk to me and was extremely rude.

I won't bore you with any more details but we had the Customer Relations Manager get involved and she witnessed the way we were being treated and thankfully took care of everything and gave us a refund. Unfortunately it ruined several hours of our vacation.

We then went into town and found a fabulous tour given by Klondike Tours http://www.klondiketours.com/index.html. It was three hours long on a 20 person heated bus for $45 a person. We did the White Pass Tour and they added a city and cemetery tour. There was every age group on this tour and we all enjoyed it. Our guide, Joe, gave us so much information about every aspect of the town and the Gold Rush and all the people involved. I didn't think I was interested in those things but he made it so interesting that it really made the trip for me.

We would recommend this company highly after our experience and if you look at their website they have numerous excursions for one half or less the price of the ones from Celebrity. They guarantee to get you back on the boat in time too so don't let Celebrity scare tactics keep you from trying someone else.

Overall our cruise was wonderful and the rest of the staff were great, very accommodating. Other than the excursions I would recommend this cruise to people. The food was good, except the buffet, the service was good. The boat was beautiful, nice remodel. Our room was lovely, plenty of storage, nice view from our balcony. The entertainment was also good. Minus the excursions, next time we will book our own, we felt it was good value for the money and would consider Celebrity again.

Publication Date: 06/20/12