Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by cathylaugh1: Great Getaway!

cathylaugh1
Member Since 2006

Great Getaway!

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I'm very glad we decided to go, especially after reading some of the negative reviews posted. We had a great time and I think the staff helped to make it so enjoyable. We did not run into one rude or uncaring staff member - everyone was helpful and pleasant. After dinner on the second night, my husband went to lay down for a little bit and when he came down he asked one of the bar servers if he had seen me and the server was able to point him in the right direction! They really get to know you so quickly. I prefer a smaller ship; I was able to know where I am going in no time and not taking a week to learn the layout as on the large ships. It would also be great for anyone afraid of taking a cruise; the 2 nights will let them get the cruise experience so they can see how great it is to go for a full week or longer!

We had a lunch buffet by the pool upon boarding, dinner at the Crystal restaurant (a little dressier, just no jeans, shorts or t-shirts), breakfast buffet at the More Rio, lunch at one of the restaurants on the island, dinner at Rio (casual dress), breakfast buffet on the pool deck before leaving the ship. All were excellent. The Trattoria is cafeteria-style and open until 3am but we had enough to eat at the other meals that we never ate there.

I would definitely recommend this quickie get-away and if I lived in Florida, I would probably go a couple of times a year! Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>