Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Just Me in SLC

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Just Me in SLC
Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: Just Me in SLC
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: IA
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
        10-12 5+

Best Vacation Ever!
We had the best time ever! The crew is so nice, and they really did their homework. Our Room steward "Reneah" was amazing she knew our names and always called my kids by name. She was the very first person to wish us happy anniversary even before the kids! The room was always clean and fresh smelling which was nice. The rooms were prearranged just the way we needed them IE: double bed for the couple single beds for the kids. And the room was decorated for our anniversary while we were away on shore that day, (a nice little Bon Voyage gift including a special cake.)

The cruise director crew was so much fun I have to say Nacho was my favorite, but Aussie Steph and Alvin were pretty cool too! Really they were all so nice, they tried to include as many passengers as possible in everything and were always willing to stop and answer questions. The wait staff was always friendly and helpful and we adore the "Washy- Washy ladies"!

Captain Ivar was nice too, we went to look at the bridge in the observation area and were surprised when he turned and waved at us.

My son loved the kid's crew so much it was hard to get him to leave to eat. The counselors were like friends to the kids. All the kids seemed to really love them.

We went to the show every night, but had to get there half an hour early to get close seats. (Well for the early show the late show seemed to be not so full)

I found out almost at the end of the cruise that if you go to crafts and trivia you should get an activity card because you can exchange it the last sea day for prizes. We only did a few so we got a coffee mug.

I was not pleased with the seating at the buffet. There just never was any. Often in the day you ended up sitting in "Mama's" which was used for overflow seating and was quite a ways from the food. Seriously not fun to walk around holding your food looking for a table. The MDR was a much better choice for us. (Except for the shore days when the process seemed really slow with the excursion times looming) I advise taking the advice of someone here on CC who said order room service on shore days it makes a good wake up call!

Seriously this was a great cruise! We really felt like we were leaving behind friends when we passed the crew members as left the ship that last day!

I am so glad I did some research here first. I printed out my own set of directions for how to get around the ship from our cabin using the map on NCL's website and we would have been so lost without it! And they don't tell you about Tzars being open on embarkation day so if I hadn't read it here we wouldn't have known. And there was not really anyone to ask questions the first day. Really I felt like a lot of things you need to either know or really pay close attention to the daily reader they give you or you will miss out on a lot!

Asking questions first saved us a lot of trouble there.

Publication Date: 06/22/12