Carnival Glory Cruise Review by pati germany: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

pati germany
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: March 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We just returned from a seven night cruise on the Glory. I read a lot of reviews AFTER I booked this cruise. I have cruised on Carnival 4 times before this.

When we got to Port Canaveral on Friday, we spent the night in the Courtyard by Marriott. They have a park & cruise package for $149.00 a night. You get to leave your car there while you are on the cruise for free. We for go the port about 11:30 and got on the boat at 1:00. That is the longest i have ever had to wait to board. I was with my sister, daughter, son and one of his friends. My husband, daughter and son-in-law chose to fly and we caught up with them later. No one in our party had ever cruised before, (except my husband & myself), and they we ready to get started.

I think the Glory is one of Carnival's most beautiful ships. They all had inside cabins and we had a balcony. They were surprised at how big their inside cabins were.

We went to Nassau first and had a great time there. More (My son-in-law use to live there and we got a free tour of the island from him.) The next day we were in St. Thomas and as we pulled in to port my sister was crying and said How could someone see this and not believe in God?. It is one of my favorite ports also. We went to Meagen's Bay that day and were on the beach most of the day. Meagen's Bay is beautiful.

The next day we were in St. Maarten and what an improvement since I was there 4 years ago. It was great.

I don't think Carnival's food is what it use to be. It was OK just not great. We ate in the dining room every night and really enjoyed our waiters (Batarty & Julia).

That was really the only thing that was bad, and that wasn't a big deal. We were there on spring break and there were A LOT of kids. That was also a bad thing. My kids are 25, 22, & 20 so they are not "Kids". We kinda knew going in that we were with the spring break group.

I just WANT to say one thing and that is your cruise is what u make it, so relax and enjoy! You may never have this chance again. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>