Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by NewsyCruisey

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by NewsyCruisey
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: NewsyCruisey
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 08
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Fabulous Greek Isles Cruise on the Celebrity Solstice
We have just completed our first-ever cruise. We chose a Greek Isles vacation with Celebrity Cruises and sailed on the Solstice from Barcelona. Service was impeccable from embarkation to disembarkation. Guest Services was responsive and handled any issues quickly and efficiently. Our room steward was so responsive to our needs that we hardly saw him, but definitely knew when he had serviced the room - from ice always being available to turn-down each evening. The ocean-view cabin had more than enough room for two, especially with the luggage fitting under the bed and in the overhead storage. Our MDR waiters were very attentive and provided some of the most excellent service we have experienced anywhere. Once officers and crew got to know us, they would engage us by name and ask how things were, even when we saw them in port!

The food was wonderful and the MDR menus exciting. I have a severe allergy to all seafood, and once our maitre d' in the MDR was informed, he and the food service staff took very good care of me, letting me choose from the next evening's menu ahead of time and letting me know if any item had any hidden seafood ingredients (i.e. a soup I ordered the night before was actually made with fish stock - I was told at dinner the next evening and given the opportunity to choose another item BEFORE it came to the table). The selection in the Oceanview Cafe was varied and well-prepared, ranging from made-to-order omelets to specialties such as blood sausage, jerk chicken and a curried food station. We were so pleased with the quality of the food in the MDR and Cafe that we didn't feel the need to dine in any of the specialty restaurants.

The evening entertainment in the main theater wasn't really what we preferred, but we did like the cirque-type show called "Solstice." The theme parties were fun, and we thoroughly enjoyed the string trio and ship orchestra (we're classical musicians). There was PLENTY to do on the ship in the evening and on sea days, including the Corning glass-blowing show, various classes and the optional "behind the scenes" ship tours.

There was plenty of time to visit the ports of call and still enjoy some time on the ship before setting sail each evening.

I'm sure there may have been something I missed in this cruise review. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have about our itinerary, the ship or the Solstice Greek Isles cruise!

Publication Date: 06/20/12