Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by natshea

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Exceeded my expectations!!
I brought the Bahamas Celebration through a Groupon voucher so I was expecting to get what I paid for. However, the ship, the staff, and the food exceeded every expectation I had.

First, getting on the ship was so easy! We arrived at the port at 11:45am. I suggest getting there early because you have to check your luggage and fill out various forms in 2 different lines. It does take some time. Also, if you get there early, you can enjoy the lunch buffet and an early bird champagne cocktail. Unfortunately, it rained during the afternoon so we couldn't enjoy the pool deck. But that did force us to attend the ship intro session. I'm glad we did because it did provide some really good info since we were staying overnight in the Bahamas.

We ate our first dinner in the Crystal dining room. The food was really good. my husband enjoyed the soup and his fish entree. I had the duck and it was fantastic!! The apple crisp dessert was also very good.

I was a little worried about how expensive drinks would be on the ship so we brought the $60 for 10 drink ticket deal before getting on the boat to help control spending. Depending on what you drink, I wouldn't recommend those tickets because you could end up spending more since they have drink specials and happy hour on ship. For example, my husband drinks mojitos and they were $6. I ordered a caipirinha and it was only $4.50. But I did order a grey goose and soda and that was $8.75. If you only drink Patron or Jack Daniels, or Grey Goose, then it is a good deal. Accordingly to my husband, the bartender in the casino made the best mojitios!

Getting off the ship was pretty seamless. The key to this cruise and avoiding lines is being early. I was supposed to get our passports at 8:45am but I was there at 8:35 and there wasn't a line. We boarded the bus and headed to the Radisson resort, which was great!!!

Returning to the ship was similar. We had to fill out various paperwork and check our bags. The big difference was the sun was out so the pool deck was pretty lively. I enjoyed the staff and related activities. There is a lot to do on this cruise! Mojitos were $4.50 on our return trip so we didn't buy the drink coupons and actually ended up spending less money. But I also think we drank less since our vacation was ending.

We ate our second dinner in the Rio's restaurant. I had the salmon and it was cooked perfectly. I also enjoyed the shrimp appetizer. The desserts weren't as good as the Crystal dining room but I had had my fill of food so it was ok!

The pizza place was pretty good. I liked going there to get water, iced tea or hot tea. It was convenient.

The entertainment that night was really good - there was a magician and Steve Zimmerman.

Our room, 8434, had a window and enough room for me and my husband. He is 6'3" and didn't have any problems with the bed or shower

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would recommend this cruise to others. It is a smaller, older ship but it offers just enough for a 2 night stay.

Publication Date: 06/20/12