Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Inmytreepj: Not worth the price of admission

Inmytreepj
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Not worth the price of admission

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My husband and I just returned from this cruise. There are some good points which I will list first:

Stateroom was spacious and very clean
Our guest room steward was amazing
We loved the coffee shop on the 2nd floor fwd

Now, unfortunately what really separates this experience from my other cruises is the ports of call are a joke. The stop in Florida requires about an hour commute to the vast majority of the excursions. We picked the closest located to the ship which was the alligator boat tour, it lasts 20 minutes and then you are presented to by a non profit animal rescue group which is an amazing cause but I thought I paid for an hour of an alligator boat tour.

Nassau is very small but a cute town, by far the best of the three stops, at least here you can literally walk off the ship and be in a developed shopping and dining town to change the pace a bit from being on the ship. Here we did the snorkel and paddle boarding and that was very fun, we More stopped into a local bar for a beer on the way back to the boat and watched tourists stumble back to their ships from senor frogs :)

Then Freeport, which is a very industrial town with a made up village that carnival owns and developed right off the ship, surrounding that the depressed economic conditions of the town, industrial sites, and barbed wire is what you will find. We did glass bottom boat and a Harley ride here, both were fun.

The ship is in need of a renovation to bring it up to. More current look. The mermaids on the lido deck is the three meal buffet, food is positively without flavor, lines are insane all the time, and the food drips in grease and oil.

Normandy lounge is the sit down dining, we tried breakfast here but after a 30 minute wait after being seated we left. Dinner is a very slow service serving similar food to the mermaid buffet with slightly less oil.

Two formal nights on board cause for the lines in the everyday dining to go nuts. Carnival staff push you to order drinks every 5 minutes if you are seated or standing still anywhere on board for more than 30 seconds.

The biggest highlight was showing up for the 7am circuit class in the gym and nobody else did so it was like free personal training.
I would call this a faux cruise, one that looks great on paper but does not provide the destinations, service, or quality that travelers deserve. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>