Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by zanem: Carnival Ecstacy June 4, great cruise

Carnival Ecstacy June 4, great cruise

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We were a group of 11. 4 adults, in our 50's. 4 adults in their mid 20's to early 30's and 3 children. Children are 4,7 and 10.

We got to the port about 1:30 after a long wait at Radisson shuttle parking in Cape Canaveral. We won't do that again. Wasn't worth saving $50 to wait so long. We were on the ship within 30 minutes. Everything went quick and smoothly.

I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews about how Carnival had gone so downhill and was very happy that we had a great cruise and service was excellent. Our room steward did a great job and kept my cooler filled with ice everyday. He got my husbands clothes back a day sooner that what we were supposed to get. We had early dining and our servers were great as usual. We ordered a cake the first night for my daughter and son in law, who were just married. Then later in the cruise my grand daughter turned 4 and we had a cake for her. The servers were great to sing to them both and make it More fun!

I only had one thing in the dining room I didn't care for. It was chicken parmesan. But to be far I wasn't very hungry, because of a late lunch. The warm chocolate melting cake was wonderful as usual!

I have seen a lot of comments about rudely behaving people on Carnival and did not come in contact with one, staff or passenger that wasn't nice and respectful.

Bahamas is the same old, same old. We basically picked this cruise for dates and price. We did a fun snorkel catamaran by Pat and Diane's in Freeport. In Key West we split up and my daughter and I took the kids to the beach at the state park. It was nice, but lots of rocks. Need water shoesGreat cruise and will definitely go with Carnival again.It works for us! Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Oceanview Riviera e178

Snorkeling

(5)
HAD A GREAT TIME. CATAMARAN HAS A SLIDE INTO THE OCEAN AND A ROCK CLIMBING WALL. SNORKELING WAS GREAT

Husband and son went fishing and had a great time. Caught some Tarpon. Daughter and I took kids to the state park, to the beach. It was nice but very rocky. Make sure you take water shoes
Read 729 Key West Reviews

we just walked around. It was very hot. My son had a bad experience though. My grand daughter wanted hair wraps and we were told $3. No mention of $3 an inch until the end. Then he was told it would be $100. So be careful and get details with the vendors. I am sure they do this all day long to people
Read 2607 Nassau Reviews