Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Terry: First time in the Baltic and with Princess.

Terry
Member Since 2000

Compare Prices on Emerald Princess Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

First time in the Baltic and with Princess.

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Copenhagen

My wife and I, both in our early 60's, decided on the Baltic as our first cruise with Princess. Our only other cruise was with Royal Caribbean in the Med 2 years ago. We are not 'party people' so were looking for comfort, good food,good excursions and entertainment rather than bars, casinos, bingo or dancing.

My sister in law has for years travelled with Princess and told us how good she thought they were.We decided to try them to compare with Royal Caribbean.

We decided to try an inside cabin rather than a balcony just to see if we could cope with it. We had no problems and would go inside again.

We went 'anytime dining' for dinner and thought that the food and service was excellent. Breakfast and lunch were taken in the self service Horizon area and again excellent food but a crowded at peak times.

Entertainment quality was good but most of the evening shows were very short at 30-35mins long and this was my only complaint about the cruise. We were More told by the Cruise Director that the time had been cut to fit 3 rather than 2 performances in per evening. I was not impressed!One thing I have to praise was SPb tours. We did tours with this company in Berlin,Tallin, St. Petersburg, Helsinki & Stockholm rather than with Princess, and our choice was based mainly on price and comments we read here on Cruise Critic.

There were no problems even in St Petersburg! Your ticket was your visa and the guides were excellent. Think twice before paying the prices that Princess charge when this company is available. Less

Read more Emerald Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Emerald Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Emerald Princess Interior Double Caribe C516

Cabin C516 interior. Small, quiet and adequate for our needs if somewhat. Plenty of hanging space for clothes, clean and bright

City Tour

(4)
Not really worth the 5 hours it took to get there and back. Unless you really want to see something specific I would give this a miss.