Viking Emerald Cruise Review by bootsky

Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: other
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: E
See More About: Viking Emerald Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Viking River Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Viking Emerald Review (by Cruise Critic!)
My Viking Emerald Cruise
When my friend and I embarked in the Viking Emerald I immediately noticed that it was much bigger than the Viking Europe and I felt that we were welcomed with much enthusiasm. The welcoming group were all smiles and we were even allowed to beat the drums while other passengers were coming on board. Wow! There was also an elevator and even if we were in the lowest category cabin, there was a veranda, too. The cabin was much bigger and there was enough room for our luggages under the bed. The waiters/waitresses were more active & attentive and they themselves were the entertainers (dancers) during the post dinner shows. Sad to say, the cruise itself was somewhat boring due to the weather. Maybe I picked the wrong season. Or maybe the agent whom I asked suggested the wrong month (October) for me. It was always foggy. I couldn't appreciate the view from our veranda. I have to delete most of the pictures I have taken. Worst of all, I just heard the roaring of the Three Gorges Dam and never saw it due to the thick fog. All the other iteneraries were spectacular especially the Terra Cotta Army & the Great Wall.

We were glad to have joined the optional tour to Hongkong and Guilin. Guilin was marvelous. If I have another opportunity, I would love to go back but next time, maybe on a summer month. Way to go Viking!

Publication Date: 06/20/12