Adonia Cruise Review by Trudy Warren: Adonia!

Trudy Warren
0 Post

Adonia!

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Other

Overall we had a fantastic time cruising the fjords of Norway however this was largely due to exceptionally fair weather and visiting some of the most beautiful locations we could have wished for. First cruise ever, and I was not won over to this as a holiday choice ad infinitum. Cabins - high standard but small bathroom,but cabin steward was excellent. Pacific restaurant absolutely excellent service food and ambience. Speciality restaurants also excellent. The good bits end there!

BAD - pre-booked internet access in order to keep in touch with our kids, at a cost of £75 (no less!) it was hopeless, kept losing signal, longest maintained contact approx 1 minute, and for 2 days server down, we ended the cruise with 77 minutes of unused time! It was really difficult to complain but after no less than 4 attempts eventually a lovely officer called Gemma resolved our issues and made refund. We used free WiFi access available in cafe's at port locations to contact our More children, so please don't waste your money.

BAD - Spa treatment - 3 days at sea and I thought why not a pamper? I booked 3 sessions but cancelled after the first one, due to being made to stand naked in a swaying room, could not lying down relaxing, the therapist decided she could deal with me standing up! ( Ever had body brushing, oil applications while standing in paper knickers with a small towel to cover your boobs? Talk about degrading, couldn't get out fast enough,) I paid, but shouldn't have - ladies be warned, make sure you know what to expect before it starts!I regret parting with £97 of my hard earned NHS wage!

BAD - Conservatory - looks great, food choices superb, however often food turned out to be cold, and in 2 weeks of sailing we never found a free table, self service brings out the worst in people, including a walking stick laid across a table to 'save it' we ended up eating out in the cold and absolutely hated it.

Entertainment team had such a great attitude! Loved them, but it was mostly aimed at a much older audience and most of the time we were bored. 60's 70's disco remains a highlight for us however!

Lectures and photography services were very good.

Most people we spoke to advised us not to judge cruising as a whole by the Adonia experience, tricky since it was the first one! Definitely not convinced Less

Read more Adonia cruise reviews >>