Carnival Glory Cruise Review by seagoers: Be sure to check into your travel insurance

seagoers
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Be sure to check into your travel insurance

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Boston

As several of the other reviews stated the ship didn't leave port until 12:35 P.M. on Monday. Very Very cold, which I thought it would be chilly, but not so cold. We wanted to celebrate our 50th anniversary on a ship and had two choices we could of made. Carribbean, being one on Royal Carribbean, and this cruise with Carnival. We have cruise Carinval before and always had a good time. I sure wish we would of picked the Carribbean for this one.

We didn't find the food to bad. Loved the Fish & Chips, but rally need to watch the steps to get up to it. We arn't picky eaters so food isn't that exciting to us. The desserts were tasteless, as stated in another review.

We had trouble with the temperature in our cabin. It was so cold for the first two days, they came and fixed it, then it was to hot. I had them come back and fix back to the cold. Slept better in the cold at least we could breath. Wasted money on a balcony, only used it once, it was just to cold More to set out there.

I thought the singers were pretty good on the show, but we have seen better entertainment on other ships.

We did take a tour each day and we did enjoy them. Never seen this part of the country and I can't imagine what it would look like in the fall. I would never pay the price it cost for a fall cruise up there.

One thing I want to point out to the other cruisers on this cruise. If you bought the insurance you may have a claim for delay of trip. We have ours in the works and it look like we will get some of our money back. Never hurts to check it out.

All in all my husband states this was the last Carnival cruise he will take so I guess it will be RC for us from now on. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Verandah 8236

Cabin was good size. Temperature was to cold when we got there, fixed then was to hot. Had to have them come back and make it cold again. Better for sleeping. Room service dishes from dinner was not picked up until the next morning when the cabins were cleaned.