Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by amanda aird

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by amanda aird
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: amanda aird
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Dubai
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Great Cruise - fantastic ship
My husband and I stayed 2 nights in Dubai before joining this cruise which we enjoyed.

My first impression of Royal Caribbean was not good as we had to wait over 2 hours to embark the Voyager of the Seas.

However, once we were on board we went straight to our balcony cabin which was wonderful. The room was clean & had plenty of space to store your clothes & toiletries. We had ordered bottled water, bathrobe & slippers which were already in our stateroom when we arrived. Our stateroom attendant Joel was very helpful, friendly and efficient and anything we asked for (laundry bags/menus) was delivered promptly to our stateroom.

During our cruise we used many facilities on board. We regularly went to the Gym which was well equipped & got really busy late afternoon. My husband went rock climbing and I went iceskating. There really is plenty to amuse everyone whatever their tastes onboard!

We are not really into shows but we did go and see the 'Broadway' show and the Iceskating show, both were very good! We also visited the cinema & casino on board & tried the putting.

Most nights we ate in the Magic Flute main dining area, we were on My Time Dining as we had pre paid our tips when we booked the cruise. We managed to reserve a table for 2 every night, right by the window which was perfect! Our waiter Francis was very nice and always recommended the tastiest dish to eat. There were 2 menus, the main menu and the low fat one. I am a really fussy eater and always managed to find something that I really enjoyed. We also tried Johnny Rockets for dinner one night - it was really quiet, the food was tasty and the milk shake was fantastic! The Windjammer also had a good choice of food although it was sometimes really difficult to get a seat. For breakfast each day we got room service.

Cafe Promenade was great for a light snack.

We booked our shore trips with Royal Caribbean and found them to be really enjoyable but perhaps a bit overpriced, especially Goa & Cochin trips. The round the island tour of Penang was really good.

I liked the 'cruise compass' which is a daily newsletter telling you about the activities onboard for the following day and what the dress code is for dinner.

Overall we found that everything was very well organised onboard, we found the ship to be very clean, the staff really helpful and friendly & the service fast - no big queues!

I would certainly book another Royal Caribbean cruise!

We then stayed in Singapore for 3 nights after our cruise.

Publication Date: 06/19/12