Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by libbyfinkb: Slightly Overpriced RCI Cruise

Enchantment of the Seas 4
libbyfinkb
Member Since 2012
63 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Slightly Overpriced RCI Cruise

Sail Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore

We left Rochester at 5am to get to the Port of Baltimore around 12:30pm, easy port to find. This was our second consecutive time cruising from Baltimore.

Embarking the Enchantment was slightly complicated since it was POURING but we were up on deck by 2pm.

I didn't spend too much time on the outer decks because it was raining almost all day for the first 5 days of the cruise (We had to go in between Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Jose).

The Ship itself was very nice, it doesn't look superior from the outside but the inside was very updated.

My cabin was located on deck 2 (the lowest passenger deck) midship. It was sortof a bummer because it was far away from both forward and aft elevators/staircases, but hey, I got my exercise.

The cabin itself wasn't the greatest, the shower was tiny and the closet was smaller than on Carnival, but the beds were comfy and the bathroom (except the shower) was pretty spacious for being on a cruise More ship.

The entertainment was great, and the food was also amazing. I was disappointed that there was no sports court on this ship, but the fact that there were bungee trampolines totally made up for it. **Note: when you use the bungee trampolines, wear Capri or long shorts. I got Velcro burn on my inner thighs because I wore short-shorts.

The teen club was a little small, but there were 2 Foosball tables and a dance floor, which was nice. I thoroughly enjoyed hanging there and in the Viking Crown Lounge with my many new friends.

All in all it was a great vacation and I hope to sail with RCI again soon! Less

Published 06/17/12

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X