Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Christina: Royal Carribean Cruise from Barcelona for 12 nights

Serenade of the Seas 5

Royal Carribean Cruise from Barcelona for 12 nights

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I was disappointed to read some negative comments about this cruise, especially about the restaurant service. We had 2 waiters, who pandered to our every need, and we didn't want for anything, nor have to wait. They were polite, happy and nothing was too much trouble, which is I what I experienced with all staff on board, including our Cabin Attendant who was also superb. The cabin was small, but clean.

The quality of the food was excellent (sometimes could have been a little warmer) but the coffee was like dishwater and often luke warm. The organisation for getting on and off the ship was very efficient.

I also experienced attendants around the pool area during the day, constantly clearing away dirty plates/cups etc, contrary to what was said by Fab803.

I wonder if Wahlflower and I were on the same cruise. Perhaps they were just unlucky. Oh, and by the way Wahlflower all of us travelling thought the Piano player in the Bar was AWFUL. Definitely More must have been a different cruise!!!!!

I did find the booze expensive, and also some of the excursions. In future I'll probably disembark at the ports and make my own arrangements. Shame you're not allowed to bring your own wine on the ship - but hey ho, that's how they make their money! Less

Published 06/19/12

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Serenade of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: H2026 Large Ocean View Stateroom

Quite small, and very low down in the ship (small porthole not far above water level), but clean and perfectly adequate with cupboard space and drawers.

Read All Large Ocean View Stateroom (H) Reviews >>

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!