Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by supersecdd: Can't Recommend Celebrity

Can't Recommend Celebrity

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Amsterdam

We were not happy with the start of our cruise and on the second day complained to Guest Services. After that, the crew were very nice to us and the cruise line made our anniversary very nice. The entertainment at night was very bad on 5 nights out of 12 and the other nights was excellent. A water pipe burst on our floor and many of us were not happy with the way the problem was handled. We received a telephne apology for our specific complaint regarding the problem only after we came home.

The ports of call were absolutely wonderful and very interesting. Unfortunately, one of our excursions was cancelled a half day beforehand due to lack of interest. Only 10 people signed up for it and they require 30 for a bus (they don't use vans). We were stuck because we were already on the boat and didn't have access to guide books, etc. to plan our own excursion to the places we wanted to see and it was too late to join an outside tour group. While I understand that any More excursion can be cancelled due to lack of interest, I feel they waited too long to cancel this one.

The art work on the ship is excellent, making it a beautiful ship even though it isn't new. We loved the Chihully chandelier and the head of the Photography was nice enough to take our picture under it. The Ocean Liners restaurant was worth the extra money. The Afternoon Tea wasn't really worth the extra money because I found out later that I could get scones, sandwiches, dessert and tea in the cafeteria for free. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Vista Deck (7) 7124

Very small verandah room-could barely walk between the foot of the bed and the wall. Very small bathroom. Verandah was fine. Quiet room.

We were in Amsterdam extra days on our own and thoroughly enjoyed the city. It is very walkable, plus has very easy public transportation. The Anne Frank House was very special to see. We enjoyed the pancakes and the pofferties for breakfast in the Leidesplein area where we stayed in a hotel.

City Tour

(3)
The city tour was very good and we were able to get off the bus and take pictures when we requested to do so, which we appreciated.

Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp

(3)
The tour guide was very knowledgeable. I did not know I would see chimneys in Sachsenhausen and that people were exterminated there and I became very upset when inside the camp. I would not have gone on this tour, but our original tour was cancelled and we had to choose something to do this day. I should have been given a bit more information.

We took a private Jewish tour with a Cantor and really enjoyed his good humor and knowledge. We saw the synagogue and the city sites.
Read 334 Helsinki Reviews

Amber Room

(5)
It is truly amazing to see this room covered in different colored pieces of amber. Don't leave without seeing this room.

Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood

(5)
I encouraged my friends to see this site and they were glad they did. It is very beautiful and amazing due to the minute pieces of mosaics making up each picture on each wall.

City Tour

(5)
Saw everything we wanted to see and was able to get off the bus to take pictures too. I'd recommend SPB Tours in St. Petersburg. The Amber Room is magnificent and not to be missed! The inside and outside of the Peterhof Palace is definitely worth seeing. The Church of the Savior is decorated with very tiny mosaics and is very beautiful. Seeing parts of the Hermitage Museum was very interesting, along with the reaction of the ladies guarding each room.

Hermitage Museum

(5)
We walked through 2 floors of the Hermitage Museum and found the walking easy and the museum definitely worth seeing.

Peterhof Palace

(5.5)
We enjoyed walking through the Peterhof Palace and then walking outside in time for the fountain show in the gardens. It was better than Versailles!

It was a half day tour and we would have like to spend the extra hour and a half remaining in town; the tour wasn't long enough. We enjoyed walking around the old town and seeing the Jewish sites.

(5.5)
We enjoyed walking around Tallinn and didn't even go into all the sites I had planned to see. Everyone spoke English, making it easy to shop and ask questions. We enjoyed going into the old pharmacy on the market square. You'd be surprised at what the description cards say!
Read 350 Tallinn Reviews