Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by larryjberger: First time on Carnival...have sailed on Princess & Norwegian

Carnival Triumph 4
larryjberger
Member Since 2012
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

First time on Carnival...have sailed on Princess & Norwegian

Sail Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

I will get right to the point: it was nice! The staff and crew were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The food was better than the buffets on the Princess and Norwegian. One day at the Lido deck buffet, they are French Cruisine...it was Terrific! Also, I did not remember this on the Princess and Norwegian, but part of the Lido Deck of the Triumph are closed off and air conditioned! The Triumph dining room was nice, and the food was about the same as the other two cruise lines. I actually like that Carnival served smaller portions for the starters and desserts. If you were hungry, they would bring you more. ONE THING: Carnvial had two High Sea Teas on board..They were EXCELLENT! You must try them. A couple times, there was Free Suishi on board...!! .I will give the rest of this review by categories:

Staterooms: Nice for a 13 year old ship. The staff kept it very clean. Had an oceanview stateroom that slept all of us (5 people).

Activities: Carnival had plenty More to do even when at port (we relaxed and stayed on boat). We had the pool to ourselves which was great!!! The outside area was noticeable worn after 13 years, but I noticed how the staff kept it clean. Trivia Games on board several times a day. They gave our "gold plastic trophies" My kids loved playing and winning them!

Shows: they were GREAT! they did an excellent job !!!

Lastly, we were on Deck 1. The nights were completely quiet. I heard no late night partying. One warning though: they allow smoking in the casino and the smoke drifted to the areas around it. Less

Published 06/17/12

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X