Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by munchie76: Just OK

Just OK

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

I traveled with my church group (including my family) to Key West and Nassau. We've traveled on RC before and were excited to try Carnival. We were delayed (which compromised our itinerary) due to engine problems, but that was out of the captain's control; however, it would have been nice to receive some type of compensation for the time taken away from upon departure and port stops.
I anticipated the ship to be "fun" and livelier than RC because of the "Fun Ships" logo. Unfortunately, this was not the case. The atmosphere on the ship was very relaxed and there were a lot of downtime. The staff on Fascination was wonderful and truly made the cruise comfortable from day one. The ship was always clean and well maintained. The food was bland; however, they provide salt and pepper on all tables. The Serenity deck was a nice escape from the kids. The Water Works' slides were fun! The shows and comedians was good. The camps for the kids were just ok. This ship is good for More families who like to relax and who does not require a lot of amusement. Not sure if I would book Fascination again, but will try another Carnival ship in the near future. I agree with the previous post that Carnival needs to revamp their itinerary and provide more "exciting" activities and entertainment on sea days. Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>