Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by H.C

Member Name: H.C
Cruise Date: April 2012
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: 06
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Fabulous Cruise
We first took a Transatlantic last year on Disney Magic....and it was just that,magic!

We have a vacation rental home near Disneyworld in Florida so we come over quite often to make sure the home is in tip top shape for our guests.

So it makes sense to come and go on a Transatlantic and use one air fare for 2 vacations.

First time with Celebrity and I had heard good things about Connie so we were excited to go.

We left our Central Florida home at around 8 a.m and drove to Ft Lauderdale. Checking in took an inordinate of time but we were eventually on board and enjoying our first lunch. We shared a table with another very nice couple and had a good chat and then never saw them again for the whole of the 2 weeks.

We met our dinner companions that night and we had a great time together. One couple never showed up but as we were on a table for 8 we still had our lovely couples from Maryland and California.

Our waiter was called Ufuk (yes really) and he was wonderful and so personable. Also his assistant was great. Food was about the same quality as RC I would say.

We took all the meals that we could in the restaurant and therefore sat with many different people. The service was always good and I loved the somewhat older waiter from Lisbon; what a nice man.

Every night we caught a show, every night we saw the wonderful Perry Grant for most of both shows, we took part in many quizzes, enjoyed the Zumba and generally walked the decks and read. The library was pretty good, quite a lot of odd titles but enough to keep me going. Internet was (as always) ridiculously expensive but stayed at a good speed all the way over; our Disney internet last year was disastrous)

Not my favourite ports of call but OK; I would opt for stops in the Caribbean and Bahamas next time. I do like the cruise line's own private beaches so if I can find one that offers this it would sway me..

Lots of wonderful guests on board and we enjoyed many a long gossip.

And the drawbacks? I suppose I was expecting a big step up from Carnival and RC and at first I struggled to see what they were. Then I realised how much more space there was, how many staff per guest there were and how fabulous the covered deck was.

I found the decor rather dreary and the art work, at times, puzzling (dead dandelions!)

I do like a promenade deck you can walk right round(not possible on Connie) and our check in lady at Ft Lauderdale was spectacularly rude (until she overheard us talking about it)

We did not go on to Amsterdam but disembarked in Dover where all went smoothly and we were met by my son in law and within 2 hours we were back in our own home.

Publication Date: 06/18/12