Disney Dream Cruise Review by madthumper

3-6 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Can't go wrong with the Dream
Day 1: Smooth embarkation. Arrived at the port at around 11:30 and was on the ship by 12:30. This gave my friends time to register their daughter for the kid's club and get pictures with Mickey and Minnie.

Ship: The stateroom was as I expected, very spacious compared to other lines and the split bathroom always makes it nice. I can shave in 1 room while the wife showers. One thing I never really thought of until I traveled with someone with kids is that Disney has bath tubs which is popular among moms. Our friends were staying next door and our room steward opened up the balcony divider to make 1 big balcony for us which was nice. The aqua duck was a nice ride to break up the day of just sitting around the pool and it is fun for adults as well as the kids.

The food was fantastic throughout the cruise, from the MDR to the buffet we had no complaints. The dining room staff was excellent, if you didn't see it on the menu all you had to do was ask for it.

As for the characters, every character was easily accessible throughout the cruise. Unlike in the parks the characters had more time to interact with the kids due to the small amount of kids on the ship as compared to the parks. My friend's 6 year old daughter had a blast getting autographs and photos.

The shows on board were all Disney themed. I only went to one of the shows since I'm not really interested in that type of entertainment but the show "Believe" is not one to be missed. It was a great show with a great message. Pirates night was a blast, no matter how many times you see them, fireworks being shot off from a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean is a sight you'll never forget.

As for the adult areas I did not see any children in these areas and the areas are clearly marked. Did not spend too much time in these areas since our friends had their daughter with them but the time we spent in them were mostly in the evening and nights and were kid free.

Ports: Nassau, we've been to Nassau so many times its boring but we went off of the ship with our friends so they could do a little shopping and then got back on the ship.

Castaway Cay: IMHO the best private island of all the other private islands I have been to.

Debarkation: Smooth, we did the express walk off and was off the ship by 7:30 and was home in Orlando by 8:45.

For family cruising IMHO there is no better cruise line than Disney but it is more expensive than other cruise lines out there but to me it is well worth the extra expense. I would recommend this cruise for adults as well since Disney has learned from their other ships how to better separate the kid's areas from the adult areas.

Publication Date: 06/16/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by madthumper
More Disney Dream Cruise Reviews