Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by love the sea1: It was a Carnival alright....

Carnival Destiny 3
love the sea1
Member Since 2012
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

It was a Carnival alright....

Sail Date: June 2012

This was my third cruise. I was severely disappointed by the lack of service, quality of food and general ambiance of the ship. Having been on the Splendor, I made the mistake of thinking every Carnival cruise staff was trained with the same service-minded attitude and personable service as the Splendor. From the moment we arrived at the port, it was as if we were bothering the staff. Let's remember, it's my cruise purchase and travel that allows them to keep their jobs...

After 24 hrs we finally met our room steward. He didn't do much but put schedules under the door at night and change out our towels per my request. The room was OLD. No mini fridge as promised. The hair dryer was more like a lint brush and the TV was useless. Room service took at least 20 minutes on hold to get a live person and when they finally got around to delivering the hot food an hour later, it was cold and soggy. As for the dining room food, it was boring and predictable. Also, small portions More and warm at best.

If you are looking for diversity, you will find it on this ship, not to mention, kids are everywhere and waiters are scarce. While I know the ship is getting ready for an overhaul, it serves as no excuse for poor service.

The spa was great, and my massage was fantastic. However, the hard sale by Janice kinda took away the relaxed state she put me in with the massage. Look out, they are relentless!! As for ambiance on the deck, in two words... 'it sucked'. I actually heard a fellow passenger tell the waiter several times to change the sleepy music to something festive and she would buy more drinks!

In all, it was my worst experience on a ship. Had I not experienced other cruises before this one, I might have never booked another one. Yes, it was that bad. My suggestion is that you avoid this ship until its overhaul, but only if they replace the staff and Cruise Director. Less

Published 06/16/12

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: 8E Balcony

Thin walls -heard neighbors all night.(not entertaining) No mini fridge, so cold drinks are non existent. Bed needs replacing. Windows need cleaning. Bathroom is good size, just lacks decent hairdryer. Shower is roomy. TV remotes did not work. Closet space was decent. Lighting was good. Pillow were nice.

Read All Balcony (8E) Reviews >>

Snorkeling

Unfortunately the snorkeling was more about staring at coral than beautiful fish. It was more like a desert under the water. As for the Stingray encounter, there were three stingrays and each one was handled Iy the deck hands for us to pet and take a photo with our own cameras. So if you don't have a waterproof camera, you are out of luck. It was nice to be in the warm water, but the excursion was boring. I would not go on this excursion again.

Stingray Swim

Dunn's River Falls

Decided on Dunn Falls. Hired a private taxi that cost us $10 each and $20 for the Falls. Had a great time, although it is obvious the Falls have been 'man' enhanced. As for the shopping in Ocho Rios, not very good. You can get it done in an hour. Nothing unusual, just the typical tourist merchandise. And yes, you will be offered 'pot' on the street.
love the sea1
Member Since 2012
0 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?