Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by love the sea1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by love the sea1
Carnival Destiny
Carnival Destiny
Member Name: love the sea1
Cruise Date: June 2012
Cabin Category: 8E
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

It was a Carnival alright....
This was my third cruise. I was severely disappointed by the lack of service, quality of food and general ambiance of the ship. Having been on the Splendor, I made the mistake of thinking every Carnival cruise staff was trained with the same service-minded attitude and personable service as the Splendor. From the moment we arrived at the port, it was as if we were bothering the staff. Let's remember, it's my cruise purchase and travel that allows them to keep their jobs...

After 24 hrs we finally met our room steward. He didn't do much but put schedules under the door at night and change out our towels per my request. The room was OLD. No mini fridge as promised. The hair dryer was more like a lint brush and the TV was useless. Room service took at least 20 minutes on hold to get a live person and when they finally got around to delivering the hot food an hour later, it was cold and soggy. As for the dining room food, it was boring and predictable. Also, small portions and warm at best.

If you are looking for diversity, you will find it on this ship, not to mention, kids are everywhere and waiters are scarce. While I know the ship is getting ready for an overhaul, it serves as no excuse for poor service.

The spa was great, and my massage was fantastic. However, the hard sale by Janice kinda took away the relaxed state she put me in with the massage. Look out, they are relentless!! As for ambiance on the deck, in two words... 'it sucked'. I actually heard a fellow passenger tell the waiter several times to change the sleepy music to something festive and she would buy more drinks!

In all, it was my worst experience on a ship. Had I not experienced other cruises before this one, I might have never booked another one. Yes, it was that bad. My suggestion is that you avoid this ship until its overhaul, but only if they replace the staff and Cruise Director.

Publication Date: 06/16/12