“BIgger is not Always Better”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

cam0618 Allure of the Seas 3 BIgger is not Always Better
cam0618
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
There is no doubt that Allure of the Seas is a beautiful ship. There is much to do if you don't mind waiting in line. We enjoy cruising because of the laid back atmosphere and lack of schedules. Unfortunately on Allure, you need to make reservations for every show or wait in line for at least an hour for the possibility of getting in. The long lines for the FlowRider, Zipline and Rock Wall were frustrating. I did not feel that everyone got to do as much as they wanted due to the long waits in the sun and heat. Customer Service is definitely not a priority. There was a problem with some gifts we were promised when we booked the cruise. I had to spend time calling my travel agent to sort it out. After receiving a call back from Guest Services saying everything was fixed, we still did not receive anything. It took 3 more phone calls and finally talking to a supervisor named Umberto, who was wonderful to sort things out. The others I talked to were quite uppity and flippant. By the time all was said and done we had to wait 5 days into our cruise to receive our gifts. We used "My Time Dining". Due to the poor quality of food in the dining room, we chose to eat in the dining room only 3 nights. We asked for our gratuities to be refunded for 4 nights since we did not use the dining room. We were told, very rudely, that because we chose "My Time Dining", the gratuities are prepaid and nonrefundable. If that is the case, it needs to be called a surcharge as a gratuity is a reward for good service. This was our first and probably our last cruise with Royal Caribbean. I would not recommend this cruise. I was very disappointed with the lack of customer service. I felt that we paid a premium price for this trip and we were treated like second class citizens. I do not believe that Royal Caribbean care about their customers, they only are interested in your wallet.
Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Catamaran tour
We did the Fury Catamaran tour. It included snorkeling and a private beach. Not the best snorkeling trip, the water was very clear though, not a whole lot to see. The beach was nice, lots to do for everyone and everything is included. There were rafts, paddle boards, kayaks, slides and more.
Port
Again, very aggressive locals. We have been to many underprivileged countries, I was very uncomfortable with the aggressiveness. I have to say it was a bit "sketchy". Especially the signs that say to stay in the immediate area unless you have an excursion planed. There was a good choice of excursions. We did Dunns River Falls. My kids and husband loved it, I found it terrifying!
Read 794 Falmouth Reviews
Port
The locals were uncomfortably aggressive. The beaches were nice, but just beaches. Not enough to do as far as excursions.
Read 851 Labadee Reviews
Published 06/15/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Allure of the Seas Review
Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?