Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by calicatt: Another wonderful Celebrity experience

calicatt
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Another wonderful Celebrity experience

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

My husband and I had cruised on the Celebrity Eclipse in Feb. of 2011 and loved it so much that we decided to book their European Med itinerary. I love the ship because it is so easy to get around despite its large size. It glides smoothly through the ocean with a most capable captain and crew. We loved the ports that we stopped at and the variety of shore excursions was amazing. We had been to Florence and Rome previously but that was no problem because we went to Tarquinia and Lucca instead. They were both charming villages!!

I did feel that the food in the dining room had fallen a bit in quality from the last cruise. There was a lot of it but it wasn't as good. The buffet continued to be excellent! We were disappointed that the ATM machine did not work until the last day. I must say that the martini bar still serves the BEST raspberry martinis anywhere! Thank-you Rosa!

My only suggestion would be to add one more port of call and it would be the perfect cruise. More Europe is breathtaking and not be be missed. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse 8257

8257 was an excellent cabin because of it nearness to the glass elevator.It was quiet and convenient.