Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Rhodesy2003: Fantastic time on the Victory

Fantastic time on the Victory

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We set sail from 5/20-5/27 on the Victory out of San Juan Puerta Rico headed for the Southern Caribbean. What an awesome vacation we had. Although the Victory is considered an older ship we thought it was actually pretty nice. My understanding from people who cruise on Carnival all the time is that the Victory is just as nice as some of the newer ships however, some of the newer ships have different themes and colors which may be why some people like those better however, we liked the Victory and all of its sea themed charm. The ship is VERY well kept and we couldn't find one bad thing to say about it. We loved our room on the 8 floor which had a balcony and I have to say I wouldn't cruise without a balcony every again. The balcony was awesome!!! Had coffee out there every morning as we pulled in to a new port and a glass of wine in the evening as we were pushing out...it was the best part to me of the cruising experience.

We thought the food in the dining room was More pretty good. We didn't have one bad meal in the dining room. At breakfast you could always find something you liked and we especially loved the made to order omelet station. The buffet lunch was just ok but again you could always find something you like and I have to agree with a few others...the chicken tenders were really good!!! Can't believe I am saying that about chicken tenders but they were that good.
The service we received was outstanding! From our room steward who kept our room clean, which at times was difficult coming back from and a day at the beach and tracking it in to our cabin to the waiters in the dining room catering to our every request. We really had a great experience with the staff, no issues at all.

There was lots to do on the cruise and I thought our cruise director Philipe was aswesome!!! It's hard to please everyone. Some of things may not have been our cup of tea but the cruise director and assistants really do try to make the experience fun for everyone.

The ports were awesome although it POURED in St. Lucia we enjoyed every port. I do have to say my favorite Islands were St. Thomas in particular Megan's Bay and St. Marten. The water is so blue and clear it's unreal. Our favorite excursions were Megan's Bay in St. Thomas (one of the Top 30 beaches in the world), The Catamaran in Barbados (they had the BEST rum punch of any excursion) and the Golden Eagle Catamaran in St. Marten (the sand was like walking on powder and the water was so blue). Although we loved the people on the excursion in Barbados and the rum punch the beach was rocky which I wasn't crazy about. My boyfriend ziplined in St. Lucia and enjoyed that execursion.

All in all this is one of the best vacations I have ever taken...can't wait to set sail again!!! Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Balcony Upper

We had a balcony on the 8th floor and we loved it! Our room steward was fantastic!!! If you can afford it or can stretch it definitely get a cabin with a balcony...you won't be sorry!!!

Jeep Tour

St. Kitts was ok. We did like the beach but not as much as we loved the beach in St. Thomas or in St. Maarten...those were absolutely beautiful!!!

It poured the entire time we were in St. Lucia so we didn't see much of the island only the rainforest where my boyfriend had fun ziplining.

We absolutely loved this Island...it seemed really clean and just beautiful. I can't say enough about the crystal blue water. We took the Golden Eagle Catamaran and had a ball!!!