Carnival Glory Cruise Review by jzellers: Definitely NOT a fun ship...more like NO FUN FOR KIDS ship

jzellers
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Definitely NOT a fun ship...more like NO FUN FOR KIDS ship

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Boston

WHAT A JOKE...FUN SHIP?? Let me tell you. I cruised with the Carnival Glory and it was a nightmare. My children were treated like garbage.

1. Day 1--there was no day 1. Ship was being "repositioned". They knew that at least three months in advance. We were never informed the ship was going to be late for a third time that day. Instead, they corralled my family in a hotel lobby with 1600 other people at 9 o'clock at night. Assured us there would be refreshments and available seating. My husband and I stood over our sleeping children so they didn't get trampled. There were no seats for them, ages 15, 12 & 1!

We were finally brought to the dock at 12:00 a.m. on Day 2. My family including a sleeping child in my arms was made to stand outside in 40 degree weather to wait to get into the port.
Finally in our room at 1:30 a.m.

Day 2-got to watch an elderly woman fall and no one even bother to help her until we caused a scene.

We didn't leave More from Boston until 12 p.m. For the next several days we were late for every port, taking away any real amount of time we can spend at that port.

Days 3, 4 & 5-called guest services each day to complain that my toddler was gagging from the smell of paint fumes. We were unable to even let him sleep. There response. I am sorry but there is nothing we can do about it.

Day 5-finally a Carnival employees ventures outside to entertain their paying customers. The employee makes a derogatory remark about being "forced" to include children in all activities. We were playing bean bag toss...are you kidding me really???

Attended a show that night with my family & my best friends family. There were no seats yet again for any of us to sit in. Since we couldn't see a show all week, we decided to stand in the way back. Our older children were standing at the doors watching. Our two toddlers were dancing in the aisle to the music. A Carnival employee approaches us and tells us we need to "quiet down". The show was a rock show and all the two babies were doing were dancing...so now the FUN SHIP is no longer fun???

Went to the front desk to complain about the way Carnival employees were treating our children (by the way, we did pay for them to be on this cruise...not like those tickets were free!). They assured us cruise director Josh would contact us. Josh never attempted to call.
Day 6- At sea. Went to settle account and explained josh had not contacted us. Guest services called Josh and all Josh stated was that he was sorry.

Miraculously Carnival manages to get us to Boston port on time...even though we had to turn around on our way home for a medical emergency.

Last Day-In an effort to get off this nightmare of a ship; we do the self assist departure. All staff was cleaning rooms as we exited the boat making it difficult to disembark safely. (i.e. carts in already small hallways)

Every day we had to deal with nasty Carnival employees who were NOT friendly. The ONLY person on the Glory that smiled was our steward. Just an fyi...my family spent a large portion of money on spa treatments and drinks. So we were customers to the fullest cruise extent and all we got in the end is a lousy summer vacation.

Children got kicked out of covered "adult" pool. Adults were left alone (who clearly did not have children) in kid's pool. It is not proper or even good practice to have the kids pool exposed to elements of a Canadian cruise (wind, rain, and cold) while adult pool is covered and relatively comfortable. Carnival boasts family oriented. I didn't see it. I saw discontent, aggravation, and boredom on my children's faces as they tried to navigate through an adult driven vacation.

Camp Carnival is a joke. There are no activities during the day. They all start at 4 p.m. and run until 1 a.m. I am sorry but I don't feel comfortable sending my pre-teen off alone on a boat with a bunch of drunken old men right outside a club. Whale watch for teens/pre-teens was cancelled.

Staff member made comment that miniature golf should be for kids only but the adults would complain. (Lack of professionalism). We were forced to stop our miniature golf game because they closed the mini golf/basketball court & volleyball court at 5 p.m. So the fun ends at 5?
During one night at our dinner service our waiter started to take my order. All of a sudden mid-sentence (without excusing himself) he walks away and starts cleaning off other tables. This goes on for 15 minutes. Our entire table of 10 (starving mind you) sat and watched him. Not once did he even make eye contact.

Every night we had a new waiter. Three nights in a row our waiter mixed up entrees and did not know who was getting what. Desserts and entrees were also missing or late on at least three dinner services. So while everyone was enjoying their meal, others waited at the same table. So an hour and a half long dinner service took 2.5 hours as the others had to wait for the guests that were serves late.

I have cruised before; I have vacationed at several resorts before and NEVER was my family treated so horribly. The family we cruised with has never been on a cruise and they were horrified.

The staff on board the ship provided us with contact information for their home office. We called their home office upon our return home. Talk about NASTY!! My husband explained our situation and she blew him off completely. We asked for a refund for our children's cost since they never got to enjoy ANY portion of this cruise. She laughed at my husband. I was appalled.

I have to say, Canada was beautiful (rain or shine), but thanks to Carnival we will never visit via cruise again. I plan on getting onto EVERY social media sight I can because the treatment we received was horrendous.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Interior Upper 6467

Hallway was quiet but we were right above either the amber palace or a dance club. We heard people karoaking all night and club music all night. Not good for a 1 year old to sleep with.

This port was a little better thank St. John more to see & do. I did not book a Carnival excursion. One hour late every day!!! And WAY over priced.
Read 343 Halifax Reviews

Maine is beautiful, but I thanked God I did not book a Carnival excursion. One hour late every day!!!

I was not too impressed with this port. Not much to do. I did not book a Carnival excursion. One hour late every day!!! And WAY over priced.