Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Ella Harrell: Not for me!

Ella Harrell
Member Since 2007
1 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Transatlantic Cruises

Not for me!

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Transatlantic

I thought I would love all the sea days but found I prefer a port-intensive cruise much more. The itinerary advertised by Celebrity when I booked was changed radically - both Cherbourg and Lisbon ports cancelled many weeks after my booking. Despite their promises, there was little to do onboard as weather was rainy nearly every day so outside activities were not available. Stop in Ireland was cancelled because of weather.

Cabin was extremely small with little storage space. Bathroom quite large however.

Staff was exceptional, both friendly and helpful. No complaints with food or food service.
The cruise was disappointing but I think it just wasn't "my cup of tea."
I do love Celebrity however and will sail with them as often as possible. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 1042

Room very small. Rounded bottom of mattress makes it diffult to pass through the cabin - very little space between bed and wall. Storage almost nonexistent. A shelf above the closet would be nice allowing for bulky storage. The shelf above the bed was so high that anyone under six feet had a hard time getting anything out without everything falling onto the bed. The room was close to elevators making access to other parts of the ship easy. Bathroom spacious and well appointed. A magnifying mirror would be nice for us seniors.