“Another lovely cruise with Seabourn”
Cruise review of Seabourn Odyssey

MarinHorseRider Seabourn Odyssey 5 Another lovely cruise with Seabourn
MarinHorseRider
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We chose our latest cruise based on timing and departure city (it worked with a business trip.) While the Black Sea wasn't high on my list of destinations going to see the ports on the Odyssey seemed liked a good compromise.

Even though we hadn't been on the ship for a year the crew instantly recognized my husband - which went over very well - at the check in (before the photos are circulated!) Our cabin was lovely and Maria, our steward was a doll. We had a couple of challenges which Seabourn graciously helped with - not the least of which was I left all my husband's jackets in the closet of our Istanbul Hotel: They instantly sent a jacket - perfect fit - for him to use during the cruise.

The food was great and the service very good. John was the Cruise Director and as always was wonderful and we were glad he was on board. The entertainment was better this year too - although that can be personal preference.

My only criticism and it isn't Seabourn's fault, is that some people are starting to dress like slobs and the crew is too polite to say anything.

Overall the cruise was a delight and we are now thinking about taking the Odyssey to the Amazon.

Seabourn Odyssey Cruises to
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Penthouse Suite

PH635
We were in Cabin 635. Great cabin, huge balcony. Designed for people with disabilities but great for everyone.
Published 06/14/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Seabourn Odyssey Review
Seabourn Odyssey Cruises to
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?