Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Review by MarinHorseRider: Another lovely cruise with Seabourn

MarinHorseRider
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Seabourn Odyssey Cruises

Another lovely cruise with Seabourn

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Other
Embarkation: Istanbul

We chose our latest cruise based on timing and departure city (it worked with a business trip.) While the Black Sea wasn't high on my list of destinations going to see the ports on the Odyssey seemed liked a good compromise.

Even though we hadn't been on the ship for a year the crew instantly recognized my husband - which went over very well - at the check in (before the photos are circulated!) Our cabin was lovely and Maria, our steward was a doll. We had a couple of challenges which Seabourn graciously helped with - not the least of which was I left all my husband's jackets in the closet of our Istanbul Hotel: They instantly sent a jacket - perfect fit - for him to use during the cruise.

The food was great and the service very good. John was the Cruise Director and as always was wonderful and we were glad he was on board. The entertainment was better this year too - although that can be personal preference.

My only criticism and it isn't Seabourn's More fault, is that some people are starting to dress like slobs and the crew is too polite to say anything.

Overall the cruise was a delight and we are now thinking about taking the Odyssey to the Amazon. Less

Read more Seabourn Odyssey cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seabourn Odyssey Review >>

Cabin review: Seabourn Odyssey Penthouse Suite Deck Six

We were in Cabin 635. Great cabin, huge balcony. Designed for people with disabilities but great for everyone.