Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by bdtmoult

Cruise Date: June 2012
Cabin Category: 8C
        13-15 1.0

Summer Kick-Off on the Liberty
I normally like to read long reviews and I've never published one before but thought I would this time. We are a family of three with a 14 year old son. We have been on 17 cruises with various cruise lines (Royal, Disney and Celebrity) but tend to lean towards Carnival.

I have to say that I have read many negative reviews on the Liberty and I was a little nervous about this trip even though I know I love to cruise and don't normally have complaints on any of them! Liberty did not let me down at all!! We had a great week and I absolutely loved the ship. I have to admit that I spent an hour or two every single day in Alchemy with Adri. This place is wonderful and she is a super person! I heard many complaints about the food and I just didn't experience it at all. We had YTD and some nights were a bit slower than others but found service to be fine. A couple of my selections were just so so but I didn't have anything that I disliked. In fact the last night of the cruise my husband got the prime rib and I must admit that it was one of the best I've ever had. Maybe it is hit or miss I'm not sure but I found it to be really good.

Ports were not exciting as we have been to all of them several times but in Roatan this time we did an excursion over to Maya Key and had a great time. I found the snorkeling to be better than most experiences I've had when cruising.

It is important to note that I LOVE to cruise and I don't think I've ever had a bad time but I will say that I absolutely loved the Liberty!

Publication Date: 06/14/12