Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Pat Pearson

Member Name: Pat Pearson
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
First Time on Dream Ship
This was our 7th cruise with Thomson - the first on the Dream ship. When I booked this cruise I hadn't realised that it was a bank holiday weekend. We flew from Birmingham and although the airport was packed we had no problems and got through check-in and security fairly quickly. When we arrived at Palma we were greeted by a Thomson rep and told where to go to the coach. Check-in on the ship was swift and in no time we were in our cabin. The cabin was a good size (Deck 7 outside Cabin No.7091), it looked as though it had been recently decorated. The only problem we had with the cabin was that it was below the Ocean Bar, which there was music in until 1 am. We had selected our cabin because we wanted a cabin mid ship, I never thought to check what was above or below it - I will next time.

The entertainment on ship was of Thomson's usual good standard. We ate in the self-service, restaurants where the food, although good, wasn't up to Thomson's standard for the first couple of days; I wondered if the chef was off, as it improved later.

We never went on an trips as we prefer to do our own thing. Every day a map of the port we were going to was delivered to our cabin, this was very useful. As usual you couldn't fault the excellent service of the staff.

We enjoyed our holiday and we are travelling on the Dream again in October, and looking forward to it - so that speaks for itself. Although I have to say I prefer the Celebration.

Publication Date: 06/13/12