Viking Prestige Cruise Review by MeredithMn: Viking Prestige Grand European Cruise AMS to Budapest

MeredithMn
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Viking Prestige Europe - River Cruise Cruises

Viking Prestige Grand European Cruise AMS to Budapest

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Amsterdam

I loved river cruising. The best times were spent in the front of the boat watching the world sail by. The stateroom was well appointed and the bathroom sufficient-the shower was large by European standards. The bed in single staterooms is quite hard, but my room attendant did her best to make it more comfortable.
I would recommend the itinerary,saw so much and enjoyed most of the shore excursions. However, I think the wait staff in the dining rooms tend to provide better service to couples than to singles-we were usually the last served and our orders were often mixed up. I thought the stateroom service was excessive-why does anyone need their room cleaned and towels changed twice a day? I actually was lectured by the head housekeeper for telling my room attendant I only needed her to check my room once a day and not to change my towels more than every 3-4 days. I felt the customer should have the option of how much service they required.
The worse part was the More 'gray' water sewer system had problems and created a stench in my room (and in other parts of the boat) for a couple days. It was alleviated by running water down the shower drain and covering drain with a bathmat, but was very unpleasant. I was surprised that a ship only a year old would have this type of problem. The target population for Viking is obviously very mature couples (late 70's to late 80's). I am an active 60ish and didn't really feel like I fit in. I would definitely do another river cruise, but I think I need a cruise line that fits my lifestyle better. Less

Read more Viking Prestige cruise reviews >>