Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by twcruise2012: First time cruising. Great time.

twcruise2012
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

First time cruising. Great time.

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas

This was my first experience cruising and I have almost no complaints. The embarkation went very smoothly, very little wait time. We chose to carry on our bags so that might have made things simple for us. They held our bags for us until our room was ready so we could roam around the ship and get some lunch.
The staff was very courteous and friendly.

The rooms were small as expected but it was good enough because I didn't come on the cruise to hang out in my room. Our balcony view was wonderful. Very nice to sit out at night and enjoy the ocean air.

It was a party cruise. People were very loud in the halls so expect noise. I would recommend bringing earplugs if your a light sleeper.

As far as the food goes, the buffets weren't great but convenient. For dinners we ate in the main dining rooms, Crossings and Palace, both were very good. I really enjoyed the meals and since they are included with the cruise price you could choose as many items as you wanted More if you see different things you would like to try. The soups are fantastic!

For alcohol, you will spend a lot of money here so be prepared if you like to drink. The wine is $7-$9 a glass and bottles can range from $35 and up.
Beer and cocktails were $6-$9 depending on what you order.

We had a great day at Stirrup Cay. I highly recommend renting the clamshell for you chairs. It was very hot the day went were there is it was nice to have some shade. The BBQ was very good. A huge variety to choose from. I recommend the ribs.

Our day in Nassau was fun. We didn't do any excursions we just shopped and went to Senor Frog for drinks. Senor Frog was a fun place and the food looked delicious but unfortunately we had a big breakfast so we didn't eat.

Disembarkation went smooth as well. Again we chose to carry our bags off and it was very easy.

My only complaint would be my pedicure at the spa. I've had way better pedicures at my local salon in my hometown and for $75, I expected a lot more. Also the nail color selection was very limited.

All in all, I had a great experience and would recommend this cruise line. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky Balcony Stateroom Viking Deck 0030

We had a great view from our balcony. Room was small but the was expected. The hallway was very noisy but we had a few bachelor and bachelorette parties in our hall.