“Best cruise we've been on!”
Cruise review of Carnival Valor

StingRaysfan Carnival Valor 5 Best cruise we've been on!
StingRaysfan
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We are a couple without kids and we were cruising out my parents (first time cruisers) and some friends on the Valor. We were previously on the Valor in 2010. The ship is just ok... the decor is pretty ugh in some places. But who cares about that.... we had an AMAZING time! Embarkation in Miami was smooth, though we were a little disappointed that when we got back into port we wouldn't be docking at the same area of the port and had to take a shuttle back to the car after disembarkation. Once on board we ate and the food was yum. Our room was an aft wrap on deck 7. I really liked the set up and the size of the balcony, but I really think that the balcony got a bit more sun than I would have liked. Loved having the lounging chairs to lay on out there! The room steward opened the balcony divider between our room and our friends next door and we had possibly the biggest private balcony area on the ship. During the cruise there were constantly activities around the ship. We stayed very busy with the contests, shows and activities. Cruise Director (fill in) Matt Mitcham and his assistant cruise director Dr. E were fantastic and really made the whole experience... especially when they did name that tune decade trivia in the Casino Bar. It felt like the entire ship was there singing songs from their favorite decades! We were early seating in the MDR and the food was always the temperature it was meant to be. Service was smooth and I never had to wait long for anything. Our night in the steakhouse was really wonderful too. The service was wonderful and the food even better. This cruise took us to Grand Turk, La Romana, Aruba and Curacao, all of which I highly recommend. (La Romana if you are doing water activities as the diving is very good) This was our second cruise on the Valor and I would not rule out a third one day in the future!
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Premium Vista Balcony

Port
We tried to book through Tranquilo Aruba. The contact person, Captain Anthony was so unorganized he lost my contact info (email) and never notified me that the meeting location changed. He was very rude about it when we showed up a few people short due to the change, and we all backed out due to feeling uncomfortable with his attitude. Tranquilo Aruba is NOT recommended....
Read 989 Aruba Reviews
Port
We walked through the port area, up the waterway and across the floating bridge. The floating bridge was amazing! We even took a ride on it when it was opening/closing. We did some shopping and enjoyed the beautiful architecture in the area. What a great day and a great place to explore. Looking forward to going back to Curacao one day!
Read 702 Curacao Reviews
Scuba - Certified
Great Dives, lots of sea life. Small group of 3 of us, which was great. Very happy with our trip with Blue Water Divers!
Published 06/12/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Valor Review
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?