“Good Times on the Dream”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

travelnut58 Carnival Dream 4 Good Times on the Dream
travelnut58
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We (wife & 2 teenage daughters) sailed the eastern route 6/2-6/9 and had a very good time. We had adjoining cove cabins (2318 & 2314) and really enjoyed being close to the water. We've only been on one other cruise (Carnival Legend / upper balcony) and thus only have that to compare it against. In my not so humble opinion, the cove balcony is the way to go. Besides being less expensive than other balcony's it's only one flight of stairs up to MDR or one down to walk way off the ship. The rooms we had were mid-ship and had little or no movement. I walked all around our floor and could not find the "smell" so many talk about. The food in the MDR was good (not great). We ate one night in the steak house and it was very good! We also enjoyed the pasta bar, the Mongolian wok & Lanai BBQ (only open on sea days). We found the burgers, steak & pork tacos at the BBQ to be very good! The ship is/was very clean and the staff friendly. The pool area is small and chairs can be hard to find, but we were always able to make it work. Wife and I went to Serenity deck a couple of days and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and padded chairs, hammocks, etc. The only issue is there is no close place to cool off (the shower on this deck was not working & the pool is a short walk). We did a few of the shows and found them entertaining. We are pretty easy to please and believe vacations are what you make of them. Most of the complaints I heard on ship or have read on here appear to be based on unrealistic expectations. Seems people are expecting a 5 star resort at 3 star prices. For what it's worth, cruising is not my or my wife's first choice. However, we've been on 2 cruises and our kids cannot wait to go on #3. I have no problems giving The Dream a two thumbs up. Relax and enjoy the ride!
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Cove Balcony

Port
We took taxi to Sheraton and paid $25 each to use their beach & facilities. It was fine but nothing spectacular.
Read 4,121 Nassau Reviews
We took a taxi to Orient Beach. We rented jet skis and laid out for several hours. The water is beautiful and the beach very interesting :-0
Read 3,325 St. Maarten Reviews
Port
We booked our own excursion with Rumbaba Sail & Snorkel. This was the highlight of our trip. We sailed to St. John and snorkeled boat access only areas. The food & drinks were wonderful!
Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 06/12/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Dream Review
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?