Pacific Princess Cruise Review by DeeDee743: Pacific Princess

Pacific Princess

Sail Date: December 1999
Destination: Other
Embarkation: Other

My husband and I just returned from our trip last week. We have always in the past sailed with Celebrity. This was a very novel experience to sail on the Pacific Princess. Prior to our departure I read many a person's description of the Pacific Princess. I must however admit that I still was not prepared for what I saw.

The cabin was quite small to say the least. I had a problem with the fact that the two narrow beds could not be pushed together. this was the "love boat" and in most state rooms the beds formed an L configuration. Also, if you like air conditioning in your cabin forget it....it never truly worked!!!

The buffets (breakfast and lunch) on the Lido deck were OK. We ended up eating all meals in the dining room instead. The quality of the food and the service was far superior in the dining room.

The staff aboard the Princess were fabulous. I believe that this one fact made up for every other negative. All the crew and staff were friendly and made More every attempt to make your vacation the best it could be.

However, one word of caution.... We do believe that our stateroom steward seemed to put his nose (and eyes) into closed cabinets and drawers which we promptly complained of. We believe that he is no longer on the ship.

The Princess schedule of ports...St. George, Hamilton, and Royal Dockyard for us was one to many. We saw no reason to dock at the Dockyard. We had a wonderful time in both St. George and Hamilton. We went on an excursion (kayaking) and to the beach Horseshoe Bay. The Dockyard is very quiet and most of the shops located there are also in Hamilton.

Would we go back on the Pacific Princess? Well, the jury is still out on that one, but we definitely will try one of the newer and larger Princess ships next time. Less

Read more Pacific Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Pacific Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Pacific Princess Cruises

Cabin review:

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!