Costa Favolosa Cruise Review by bandanna

Member Name: bandanna
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Costa Favolosa Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Embarkation Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Costa Favolosa Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Favolosa Deck Plans
First cruise but very pleasantly surprised, fantastic ship
After reading the reviews on this website I was expecting the worse. This was my first ever cruise, but my partners 3rd or 4th, however we paid an absolute bargain price so we didn't mind all the bad reviews we had read, we knew we couldn't complain and still looked forward to it.

We expected poor food and bad service...

however we were totally surprised. Even my partner who had been on a couple of cruises before was pleased with everything.

The ship itself was decorated very high quality...yes the decor was over the top, but that's what I expected from cruises, it was still all very high quality finishings. The cabin was nice and spacious. It did take a while to find our way around the ship but it was easy once figured out.

The service was fantastic. We went to the restaurant every evening and the waiters could not have done more for us, they made our trip (thanks Dennis!). The shows in the restaurant were a nice surprise and made the holiday special. We were served quickly, and we could order as much as we wanted so I don't know how people can complain about quantity. The quality was also excellent too.

We quickly found our favourite bar which we went to every evening, with a fantastic pianist on called Alex. The bars were all impressive and every night some sort of food was brought round at midnight.

All the ports were perfect, with enough time in each, and there was no problem getting on and off. Dubrovnik was our only port which required a tenure boat and this all happened very smoothly.

We went on one organised trip to Ephesus, this was also fantastic and went completely smoothly. The guide was absolutely brilliant.

To sum up, this was everything I expected from a cruise and much more. The food, service, ports and ship itself were all better than I expected, a complete luxury experience.

I will definitely travel with Costa again (I hope!).

Publication Date: 06/12/12