Carnival Pride Cruise Review by hlk08003: CARNIVAL PRIDE...the real story

CARNIVAL PRIDE...the real story

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

The reviews on the Carnival Pride were mostly negative, out TA tried to steer us elsewhere, however Baltimore, as a departure port is a compelling factor so we booked the Memorial Day Bahama Cruise on the Pride. Frankly, we did not expect much, our last cruise on the Explorer of the Seas was mediocore at best, the food and food service was so poor that we took dinners in the StaekHouse or the Buffet every night, never returning to the MDR after the first meal.As a result we will never return to RCC again at any price.

This was our third cruise on Carnival, and we LOVED EVERY MINUTE!!!

The ship was built for fun. For a change the demographics included couples in their 20's, 30's and 40's. Instead of being the youngest couple on the ship we were among the oldest.

The food in the MDR was wonderful.The service was great. The wait staff was not stretched among so many tables that they could not keep up. It was like a throwback to sailing 10 years ago. The cabin More service was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. The ship was in excellent shape, the Spa was clean and in perfect order.

I could go on further, but I hate to type, and I think you get the theme of this posting.
One small negative (nothing is perfect!) It bothers me that they do not put out deck chairs on the lower outdoor deck. I enjoy sitting near the water and reading.

We are booked again on the exact same cruise in August. Less

Published 06/13/12

105 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X