Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by dragon1165: Disney Fantasy is a wonderful magical dream

dragon1165
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Disney Fantasy is a wonderful magical dream

Sail Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

What can I say but just flat out fantastic. My wife and I spent a wonderful week on the Disney Fantasy. This was our second cruise and our first on Disney. From our experience I will say that we will be back. Now with that said let me say first and foremost that I do a lot of research and read lots of reviews. We booked this trip even before the first block of the ship was laid. We spent time following it's construction and the status of her sister the Disney Dream. Many things have been said both positive and negative about these wondrous Disney ships. So lets get down to what my wife and I feel about the ship and her crew.

First off is the port facilities. We had an 11:30AmM arrival time, and we arrived just about on the mark. the porters excelled at helping me unload our check bags and then directing me to the parking garage. I found no need to pay for the premium parking that is uncovered. So our car was out of the Florida summer sun for the week. A definite plus when More returning a week later. Check-in was quick and efficient. We waited in one line for a picture with Captain Mickey and by noon we were headed on board. The announcing of family name is just one of the many small touches that had us feeling special. We headed up to Cabanas for lunch. The buffet was great. enough choices for even the most picky eater.

Our cabin was 9174. This is one of the aft verandahs. A spectacular view when in port or sailing the seas. Plenty of space for up to 4 adults. and the larger verandah was a nice bonus. All so, there is a built in ashtray on the verandah wall for the smokers like my wife. The split bathroom was great for getting ready and giving privacy when needed. Out cabin stewardess Stephanie was absolutely the best. She always had a smile even when she had a bad headache.

Our dining staff was just as friendly and helpful. Putra made us laugh and was always ready with a puzzle or joke. He and his assistant Nicholas made diner a true event as opposed to just a meal. Enchanted Garden and Royal Court are both wonderful and visually appealing, but Animator's Palette is the top experience. The first night we ate there we had the show with Crush. I am still amazed at the technology of the show. Crush had a conversation with one of our table mates, and we were all amazed. The food for us rivals that of any fine restaurant we have had on land. For our Anniversary we did eat at Palo's. This was the 6 star meal of the cruise. The Chocolate Souffle is a must when you go.

The entertainment was top notch. The Disney shows are as good if not better than those you would pay to see on land. The lounges in Europa are fantastic. The ambiance along with the staff alows you to just enjoy being out and about.

As for the pools, we spent most of our time in the adult areas. Quiet Cove was relaxing and never over crowded. Satellite Falls was a refreshing break at sea. The hot tub was never overcrowded as I had read in other reviews. We never had issues with the children on board.
In closing if there is anything that I can say that we had trouble with it was the scrambled eggs. My guess is that Disney is using powdered egg substitute. So my wife and I had texture issues with them. So I guess that is my only complaint.

So here it is in a nutshell. If you like or love Disney then go. If you don't then please go somewhere else. Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>