Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by mrkhill24

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 8B

Just OK
I just got off the Splendor after a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera. Two days in Cabo, one day in Puerto Vallarta. I've been on a number of cruises and have always wanted to take my significant other on her first cruise, so was really excited about this one. Unfortunately, I should have looked in to it a bit more before hand, I kind of decided last minute to book the cruise, and just trusted that the ship was decent. In reality, it's the worse ship I've ever been on.

I had read reviews about the decor, and thought that wouldnt be a big deal since I'm a guy and could care less about that stuff, but it truly was hideous and suprisingly had an effect on how I felt about the ship in general. I could have sworn the ship was at least 20 years old, and was surprised to learn it was actually completed in 2008. Mind blowing. Decor is THAT bad- EVERYWHERE. Shows are an absolute joke, don't even go. My biggest beef with this ship is the way it was designed structurally. Most of the ships i have been on have been built to sort of relieve the congested feeling of having SO many people on board, this ship felt like I was stuck in an ant farm for humans. There were so few places which opened up so you could wander, it was like it was all tight hallways and low ceilings. The pool set up was a joke, they are tiny, over crowded, and I think there are only 2. There is one pool for adults only but it is at the bottom of the waterslide- brilliant idea right? I could literally go on and on about the things wrong with this ship, but I am getting dizzy since I just got off the ship and still don't have my land feet. The ship rocked SOO much.

Long story short, if you want a so-so cruise that's crowded with kids, poor entertainment, and so-so food, this is for you. If you are going as a couple or small group or something and want it to be intimate and classy, this is totally not for you.

Publication Date: 06/10/12