Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Janan

Cabin Number: 2076
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Not Perfect....... but up there
The Summit just came out of Dry dock and some of the things that I'll mention should have been perfect but weren't. I don't want to give you the idea that we didn't enjoy ourselves, because we did. The food was SUPERB!!! The Waitstaff was among the best we have had. Public rooms (where I guess the majority of the Solsticizing took place was great. Now for the not so great things I encountered; the bed was Lumpy and hard, talking to some other people I traveled with, this was regardless of category (although we had an interior and our friend had an Ocean-view on another deck....maybe if I had spent more money?!?)The bathroom tile, if you stood in the right place you could feel and hear the air escape from under it. The room steward was at best mediocre.....he was so quick with his keys he almost entered our room with my wife sleeping and me in the shower (in his defense we didn't have our do not disturb sign hung) The Bar staff was lack luster hoping that a strong drink would have us order less, it didn't and bar staff was difficult to get a hold of WITH ONE EXCEPTION...a gentlemen by the name of Clarence in the Rendezvous lounge......not only opened the Bar 15 minutes early for us but payed us individual attention....one of the reasons we cruise. The one specialty restaurant we went to was good. I know it seems I 'm a harsh critic but as memorable the missteps on this cruise were (time heals all wounds)The Exceptional ones were that much more memorable. Everyone their was cordial, Embarkation was a breeze, everyone offered to lend a hand, and service for the most part was instantaneous!

I want to mention a bit about Bermuda, since it might color my objectivity a little. I really didn't care for the port, this cruise was more for my wife....she has always wanted to go to Bermuda. It was nice enough, the people were great, scenery was nice, there just wasn't alot to do there but sight-see and shop.... I like to do more.

Perhaps my experience on Celebrity would have been stellar if I had been on another ship going to other ports. My experience was enough to give Celebrity another shot at being my favorite cruise line, after all they have a fantastic waitstaff (our waiter and asst was Emon and Abdullah, they were great) My wife was in a wheelchair and there was no shortage of help in the buffet, which could be a nightmare logistically with a wheelchair.

I will try Celebrity again, in a heartbeat next to Royal Caribbean I think it is the best. After all no cruise is perfect, some are just less perfect than others.

Publication Date: 06/10/12