Thomson Dream Cruise Review by BrennanFamily: First time cruise, Family of 4, young kids

Thomson Dream 5
BrennanFamily

Overall Member Rating

First time cruise, Family of 4, young kids

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Las Palmas

This was our first ever cruise, and thought it was fantastic.

Mostly down to the staff who went above and beyond expectations for the kids. First night was one not to be forgotten. Kids and adults loved the Broadway show, kids where mesmerized!

Party round the main pool afterwards was great, the kids club team (Matt and Hayley) sought us out and were up dancing with the kids. All the girls from the Broadway show where there too getting involved with everyone and and having a great time with the kids too.

All the waiter staff where great too, by the end of the trip I almost felt I could have left the kids to run free and they would have been look out for by the staff..

We thought the food was very good. The self serve was good, through if arrived at the wrong time their was a bit of a queue, and 10min later it was quite.

The Orion restaurant with table service was very good, waiters where exceptionally friendly and the food was always good. More Kids food too.

Apart from Rome and Naples, the other stops where just OK (med treasures). Naples excursion was a bit disappointing, the tour guide was awful and the group too big for the cramped spaces of the old roman town. If I'm ever back, I'd buy a book and go round myself.

So, a BIG thank you to all the crew on the Dream how help us have a great holiday! Less

Published 06/11/12

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?