AmaCerto Cruise Review by alexandra cruiser: AMAcerto Prague to Budapest cruise

AMAcerto Prague to Budapest cruise

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

While I ve taken 8 previous river cruise,this was my first with AMA and also on the new longships with 2 balcony option.

I chose this cruise for Prague to Budapest itinerary first,,then picked the AMAcerto because I wanted to try this line which got good reviews and also the new type ships.

It was worth it to get the 2 balcony cabin and size of room was 210 sq.ft....larger than I ve been on in past.

The staff and food were more than adequate.Buffet and set menu for breakfast and lunch,with dinner being in main dining room with menu selection that varied each day.

Tours were offered every day,,usually city bus and walking tour.Did have optional ones.
Hotel in Prague was centrally located and easy to get around city.The Intercontinental is undergoing refurbishment and some had sound issue from construction.But ended at 5pm.
The cruise manager was informative and helpful.

Did offer a chef's table restaurant,,had to sign up for..only problem More was it only offered set courses,,no substitutions.If you didnt like offering(which I didnt) ...out of luck.Menu didnt change thru cruise and only 1 time per person there...which was fine with me.

All things considered..I d take another cruise with this company and loved the new longship design.Esp.the regular balcony.Made room feel much bigger and allowed opportunity to sit outside and enjoy views. Less

Read more AmaCerto cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's AmaCerto Review >>

This was a great port and wish I d spent more time there.Had city tour and night cruise with all the buildings lit up..very similar to Paris.Docked right in town center and could walk to many sites.

We stayed in Prague for 3 days prior to river cruise. AMA offered city tours and optional one to Terezin concentration camp.We took that and it was interesting,,but very sad...of course.It was pm trip that inc.1hr.bus ride and 2 hrs.in camp. I ll have to list the other ports here,,as selection doesn t have small ports inc. Regensburg..we drove from Prague on bus here to get to ship located in Vilshofen.In Regensburg we had walking tour and free time for lunch.Very cute and old city. Passau...again a walking tour was provided. Linz,,,could stay in town ,,on ship,,or take tour of Cesky Krumlov,Salzburg,and Gmunden lakes excursions. Melk...visited the Benedictine abbey and walked thru town. Vienna...took bus and walking tour in am..Had option to go to town on shuttle bus or take in concert in evening. Brataslava...took bus and walking tour of town.
Read 18 Prague Reviews