Sea Princess Cruise Review by pkt1976

Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: San Francisco
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: JJ
See More About: Sea Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Sea Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sea Princess Deck Plans
Awesome cruise- My first solo cruise to Alaska
Embarkation was a mess. Two ships in one port = chaos. Some people had their luggage end up on the wrong ship. Signage would have helped a lot, there really wasn't much direction from Princess staff outside the building. Once we got moving, check in went pretty smoothly and I was on board in about 30 minutes.

Public rooms- I thought the public rooms were pretty comfortable. I really liked the Razzmatazz. It was usually quiet and a great place to play cards or read.

Cabin- I got in inside cabin on the Baja deck. It was small, but comfortable and met my needs. The shower was actually pretty big.

Fitness/recreation- The workout area was fairly small and I did not use it very much.

Enrichment- I did several of the enrichment activities. The talks that the naturalist did were full of great information.

Rates- I got a pretty good rate, considering it was a cruise to Alaska, which seem to be higher. I believe the solo supplement was around 160%.

Dining- I liked most of the food I ate, and I ate a lot of foods I had never had before. There were a few things that weren't great, but food is subjective. I certainly didn't go hungry, and could always find something that tasted good. I ate at Corniche a couple times and enjoyed the pizzas there. I chose anytime dining and found that it fit my needs well. I liked that I could eat whenever I wanted in the MDR and not have to worry about coming back early from the shore excursions.

Entertainment- I really enjoyed most of the shows that I went to. I had a hard time walking straight at times while at sea, I was amazed at what the dancers could do. The entertainment staff did a great job.

Service- My cabin steward was great. I had some issues with service, but overall felt that the service was pretty good.

Shore excursions- I did two Princess excursions and two ports on my own. I really enjoyed the 8 hr bus ride to the Yukon. I also did the zip line tour. It was a lot of fun, though expensive. The Princess personnel were well organized and knowledgeable on both tours.

Value for money- I felt that the value was there for the price I paid. There were a few hiccups along the way, but I think that a vacation, like life, is what you make of it.

Overall- I enjoyed the trip and would consider cruising on Princess again in the future.

You can see my full detailed review with pictures here -http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1640072

Here is the short version-

Embarkation- 7 In short, it was a mess.

Ship cleanliness- 9

Ship decor- 8.5

Customer service- 8

Food- 8

On board amenities- 8

Ports- 10!!!!

Entertainment- 9

Shore excursions- (I did two) one was a 10 and the other one was a 8.

Staff organization- 7

Anytime dining- 8.5

Overall- 8.5

Would I go again? Yes!!