Emerald Princess Cruise Review by 8ch1: Gorgeous ports but terrible cruise ship

8ch1
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Emerald Princess Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

Gorgeous ports but terrible cruise ship

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Copenhagen

My family and I were very disappointed at the quality of Princess cruises. There was not a single thing that didn't go wrong during the cruise. Our toilet broke (we waited for someone to come fix it for over an hour), the guest services desk was unhelpful and rude, terrible shows, and I even found several pieces of hair that were not mine on my pillow!!!

As for the food- the Crown Grill was a better dining option but there is a surcharge. Lamb rack was delicious! Also heard good things about Sabatini's. However, the regular buffet, Michelangelo, and Botticelli dining rooms (anything that is free) provided bad service and even worse food.

I am not a snob when it comes to traveling but if I've paid a decent amount on a cruise I would expect staff members to put a bit more effort in ensuring customer satisfaction. Also, you can expect to be constantly pestered to buy spa packages and drinks. I really do not recommend this cruise ship at all. Less

Read more Emerald Princess cruise reviews >>