Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by kaliali99: Nice Cruise on the Bahamas Celebration

kaliali99
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Nice Cruise on the Bahamas Celebration

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I got the Groupon half price deal for a Cruise and Stay package....2 nights on the cruise and 2 nights at the Grand Lucayan Bahamas. My boyfriend and I thought it would be cool to get married on a cruise ship so we decided to book the wedding package Symphony at Sea. After reading some of the bad reviews I started to have second thoughts. It turned out to be a very nice ceremony and we were treated like VIPs throughout out the whole cruise. Shelly coordinated the ceremony and she was so nice and did a great job! Carol performed the ceremony and it was very nice. We were not looking for any big wedding and did not want anything real expensive. I would recommend it if you want something simple and nice. Fernando in the salon did my makeup and hair and he did a great job as well. The negatives were.....the Bahamas Celebration logo on the champagne glasses we got with the package parts of it wore off as soon as I washed them and I thought the photography package was a bit expensive. More

As far as the rest of the cruise.....Everyone was very friendly and helpful and really wanted you to enjoy the cruise. We ate at the Cove the first night because we wanted the fine dining after we got married. We got a lovely table for 2 right by the window looking out to the sea...very romantic. The food was good and the service excellent. The second night we ate at the Crystal and again the service was excellent. Again we were given a nice table for 2. We were surprised with a Happy Honeymoon cake at both restaurants after the meals. Kumar, Sasha, Jose, Elena were great wait staff! Breakfast buffet in the Rio was good with many selections. Overall the food is not bad, not excellent, but I would say average for cooking for the masses. I did not try the pizza or ice cream parlor.

The entertainment at the View in the evening included a juggler, contortionist, 2 comedians. The comedians were ok, I liked the juggler and contortionist the best. The casino was small and we just played a few slot machines. I'm no big gambler so it was fine for me. I wanted to check out the nightclub but never got a chance to do that. The pool was small but we never used it.

Our cabin was an Ocean View room with a nice sized window I thought. The room was small but not that bad for 2 nights. We had what they say is a queen bed...it was actually 2 beds pushed together. It was ok but I wouldn't want to spend a week sleeping on it. The bathroom and shower were not bad either. Good water pressure in the shower. The room was spotless and our cabin attendant Nuryasa was great....very friendly and helpful and he made what looked like an elephant with the towels and turned down the sheets while we were out for the evening.

The Grand Lucayan resort was beautiful..unfortunately we got a lot of rain during our 2 day stay. We upgraded to an Ocean view room for 50 dollars a night and it was worth it. Get the rooms 6 floors or above for the best views. They has a nice pool and beach area. The breakfast buffet for $12 was great..it included coffee and juice. It is a huge resort but parts of it are not even being used which is a shame. The staff were friendly enough and the rices were expensive but that's the way it is in the islands. We went to a festival downtown Freeport and took the public bus for 1.25 per person. Cheaper than a taxi which is 15 or so and not a bad ride.

Overall we had a great time for the price. The ship was old but very clean, staff was friendly, food was not bad, I thought there was enough to do on the ship for the short time on it. I would recommend the cruise and stay..it was a nice long weekend getaway.

Getting on the boat was no hassle for us...if you get the wedding package you get on before anyone else and your room is ready immediately...otherwise you have to wait until 2PM. Getting off the boat took an hour because of customs and 1200 people to process (not the fault of Celebration).

I would definately take this cruise again for a fairly cheap short vacation. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 7310

small but adequate for a short cruise. Good shower, nice ocean view window. Very clean.