“Alaska where the roads end and life begins”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas

xmasteach Radiance of the Seas 5 Alaska where the roads end and life begins
xmasteach
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We really enjoyed our total experience on Radiance. The ship was spectacular, and service superb. We enjoyed our meals in Cascades with anytime dining, only waited once, maybe 5 minutes. Our balcony room was forward, with outstanding views. Paul the cruise director was fun and funny. The shows were up and down, but I did not cruise Alaska for the shows, but the nature shows. Again the food was RCCL fare. Loved the cold fruit soups everyday at dinner, desserts and entrees were always satisfying. Enjoyed that there were so many cozy places to just curl up and read as the spectacular Alaskan scenery went by. Embarking and debarking were easy, no problem. I guess my only criticism was that the last night they had an adult comedy show. All these people brought kids as young as 7, I counted many children. To me adults only means adults only. Also they did not enforce the family time in the indoor pool, there were kids running around, in and out of the hot tubs, at times that were intended for adults. I'm not anti kids, just like the supervised, well behaved variety. Beds, very comfortable. Arranged all our own excursions. Wonderful time in Alaska.
Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Float Plane
Float plane to a delicious lunch at the Taku Lodge. Cruise passengers on out trip, but they paid more.
City Tour
Downloaded the city walking tour from our local library on our I phones, free, and followed the stops around the city.
Scenic Drive
Rented car and drove to Emerald Lake via Carcross, Yukon Territory. Set our own pace, saw lots of wild life and Emerald Lake was really something to see.
Published 06/09/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Radiance of the Seas Review
Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?