Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by xmasteach: Alaska where the roads end and life begins

xmasteach
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas Alaska Cruises

Alaska where the roads end and life begins

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seward

We really enjoyed our total experience on Radiance. The ship was spectacular, and service superb. We enjoyed our meals in Cascades with anytime dining, only waited once, maybe 5 minutes.

Our balcony room was forward, with outstanding views.

Paul the cruise director was fun and funny. The shows were up and down, but I did not cruise Alaska for the shows, but the nature shows.

Again the food was RCCL fare. Loved the cold fruit soups everyday at dinner, desserts and entrees were always satisfying.

Enjoyed that there were so many cozy places to just curl up and read as the spectacular Alaskan scenery went by.

Embarking and debarking were easy, no problem.

I guess my only criticism was that the last night they had an adult comedy show. All these people brought kids as young as 7, I counted many children. To me adults only means adults only.

Also they did not enforce the family time in the indoor pool, there were kids running More around, in and out of the hot tubs, at times that were intended for adults. I'm not anti kids, just like the supervised, well behaved variety.

Beds, very comfortable.
Arranged all our own excursions.
Wonderful time in Alaska. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Radiance of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 8 9012

9012 Great cabin, quiet, with lots of closet and storage. Refrig did not keep things very cold. Balcony adequate, with straight down views.

Whale Watching

(5.5)
Captain Paul found lots of whalers and even a brown bear, eagles too. Great trip

Float Plane

(5.5)
Float plane to a delicious lunch at the Taku Lodge. Cruise passengers on out trip, but they paid more.

City Tour

(5)
Downloaded the city walking tour from our local library on our I phones, free, and followed the stops around the city.

Totem Bight State Park

(5)
Took the blue line, $2 round trip, self guided tour of park, should not be missed.

Scenic Drive

(5)
Rented car and drove to Emerald Lake via Carcross, Yukon Territory. Set our own pace, saw lots of wild life and Emerald Lake was really something to see.