Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by milhouse0506: Wonderful honeymoon cruise

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful honeymoon cruise

Sail Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We traveled on Freedom of the Seas to the Western Caribbean for our honeymoon and it was absolutely fantastic! This was our first cruise and we're ready for another!

We arrived the morning of the cruise by flying in to MCO from Boston. We flew on JetBlue, we had never flown with them before and they were good. Although we didn't use them the seat back TVs were a nice touch. We had previously arranged for travel to the port with Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We only had to wait a few minutes for them to arrive, and then we were off. Upon arriving at the pier check in was a breeze. We arrived around 11 and we were checked in and on board by 11:20, and there were many people already on board. After boarding we headed to the Windjammer for lunch, it was a bit crowded but that is to be expected. We then spent the rest of the day exploring the beautiful ship.

As this was our first cruise we had nothing to compare the ship itself to, but it was in great shape with no real visible wear More on it. The public areas were all well maintained. The flowrider was semi-broken during our cruise, meaning only one of the jets was working so using it was limited. This didn't really bother me, because I wasn't really planning on using it but I'm sure others were mad. Our room was 8338, a center hump cabin. The room was a good size with a great view and location!

We had MTD and ate in the MDR all but one night. We ate at Chops one night which was delicious and was the best fillet I've ever had. We ate at 5:30 everyday and usually had the same table and waiter, Nelson from the Philippines who's service was fantastic. The food was pretty good, there were only a few things I didn't care for.

One small problem was that when I booked and told them it was for our honeymoon, they told us we would have a cake the 1st formal night. Well, when the night came I asked our waiter about it and when he checked there was no record of us having a cake. It wasn't really a big deal, we just had regular desserts, we didn't bother pressing the issue it didn't make a difference.

We attended all but one of the shows. The welcome aboard show was excellent, the comedian was great. Both of the production shows were excellent, I'm not too into Broadway so I didn't know a lot of the music in Marquee, but DW certainly enjoyed it. Once Upon a Time was great as well. We missed the magic show, but all others were great as well. The Ice Show was amazing, it's hard to believe how much they can do in such a small space! We had pre booked all the shows online prior, and the only one this made a difference for was the ice show, we got there early enough that they scanned our card and let us in. The rest of the shows we walked in 10 minutes before the show and got a seat.

Labadee - Did the zip line first thing in the morning spent the rest of the day on the beach

Falmouth - booked a prive tour with Mark Morris to Dunn's River Falls and river tubing. Mark did an awesome job, there were only 2 of us the tour so he could have easily canceled but he didn't. I would highly recommend him!!! Dunn's Falls and Tubing were both great and a must do while in Jamaica.

George Town - We booked Ray's, Reef and Rum Point through Native Way Watersports. All 3 stops were great. Again, a great tour and I would highly recommend them. Only problem was that were were extremely rushed getting back to the boat, if we were 10-15 minutes later we would have missed the boat. Luckily there was a line to get on a tender when we arrived and the 'last tender time.'

Cozumel - booked Mexican cooking class at Playa Mia through cruise line. This was awesome, would do it again. It even included an open bar which we were not expecting!

Graham Seymour was awesome, his morning shows and comedy shows were both great he really added to the enjoyment of the cruise. Lastly, disembarking was a breeze, it only took about 15 minutes. We then found our shuttle and headed back to the airport.

In all we had a fantastic time and had no real complaints. Royal Caribbean did a great job, and we booked a future cruise while on board! We can't wait to be back on board for another cruise. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Deck 6 8338

Cabin 8338 - center hump cabin. Location was perfect, just off the stair/elevator area. No noise from elevators. The only noise we heard was from kids running down the hallway, which is to be expected. No noise from neighbors. Bed was very comfortable and the size was good for 2 people. Would with out a doubt book this room again.

Culinary Tour

(5.5)

booked a prive tour with Mark Morris to Dunn's River Falls and river tubing. Mark did an awesome job, there were only 2 of us the tour so he could have easily canceled but he didn't. I would highly recommend him!!! Dunn's Falls and Tubing were both great and a must do while in Jamaica. I gave it 4 stars not for Mark's tour but the port itself. The port was built by Royal Caribbean, so aside from the shopping there is not much else to do. I wouldn't want to venture too far outside the port fence without a guide with you.
Read 479 Falmouth Reviews

Stingray Swim

(5)
We booked Ray's, Reef and Rum Point through Native Way Watersports. All 3 stops were great. Again, a great tour and I would highly recommend them. Only problem was that were were extremely rushed getting back to the boat, if we were 10-15 minutes later we would have missed the boat. Luckily there was a line to get on a tender when we arrived and the 'last tender time.' I did not give it a 5 + for that last point, otherwise it was excellent.

I did the zip line in the morning, after that we spent the day at the beach. The lunch was pretty good. In all it was a nice relaxing beach day.
Read 359 Labadee Reviews